Ratings for Dr. Van S. McCorkle

i love the doctors at this office, they are kind, knowledgeable, patient and great with my inant, i would trust them with his well being any day. THAT BEING SAID the receptionist, i think her name is vickie? im not completley sure ......she is an absolute monster to deal with. i dread calling with questions, i dread scheduling appointments, i dread going in there. it is beyond me how such wonderful doctors and nurses can work in conjunction with such a horrid woman representing them in the front of the office. unfortunately for this reason i will be switching pediatricians.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Unhelpful with even minor illnesses. Definitely don't go here if your child has serious health issues.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

My son was a patient with Pediatric Partners for 2 years. I have to say that the care he received here was always very good, I would even say excellent. The problem is that if you have to deal with the lady at the front desk, Vicki, you will probably think twice about going here if you have any other option... and there are plenty of other options. You have to deal with the front desk every phone call, every visit, and any time you need anything. For 2 years dealing with the office is absolutely miserable. I don't know if it is the entire admin staff or just the one but it is THE WORST. I have never experienced anything as bad as the attitude, the shortness, the condescension. It is very surprising and I cannot believe it is allowed to continue. If I could file a complaint I would but I changed pediatricians just so I do not have to deal with that staff. I did not have billing issues or anything like that, thank goodness it would have been a nightmare. I am only describing normal Dr office interactions. I was so frustrated and apparently it has been going on for a very long time so don't expect it to change!!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Loved this doctor and his wife. He is definitely not going to act like he is your BFF. But he is a great doctor and is really concerned about his patients and does a great job. Just moved out of state and so sad to have left Pediatric Partners. A good pediatrician is hard to find.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Great service and Dr. Van McCorkle was professional, knowledgable and is a perfect match for my teenage son.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr McCorkle is WONDERFUL. I noticed the reviews that state he is not friendly, untrue! If you are looking for someone to sit down and have coffee with you, he is not your doctor. He is VERY knowledgeable and ALWAYS has your childrens best interest at heart. He will be brutally honest if you are not doing your "best" as a parent (breastfeeding, feeding habits, etc) but look at the obesity problem in the US. This is the best pediatrician in Athens, by far. I have been to others through 3 kids, and am so happy to be his patient now. It's so easy to through stones behind internet boards, when you yourself aren't making the right decisions for your child.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I have been using Dr. McCorkle and his wife for a few years now. I feel Dr. McCorkle is knowledgeable in his area. He does seem very shy but so is my son so they get along well. I don't understand the complaints about his office staff though. They have always been extremely nice and very helpful. The staff is a big reason why I continue to use this group.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Numerous attempts to call the physcian with numerous messages left for this doctor. He never returned our calls. Staff was unwilling to help in this matter and they were rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I love Dr. McCorkle and his wife Dr. Newman. Have had two kids with his practice. The staff at the front desk are simply, monstrous....the meanest and the laziest people ever. I don't know why he puts up with them. He is very smart and very kind and my kids feel comfortable. Have considered changing simply because of the witches at the front desk.....

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. McCorkle is wonderful. He is very thorough and really puts the child at ease. I do feel like he cares about the overall well being of the child above all else. The receptionist has much work to do on people skills.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010