Ratings for Dr. Roy D. Vingan

First impression was negative, as office staff is downright nasty. Dr. Vingan had the audacity to come into the exam room WITHOUT having reviewed the MRI results and had to go back out to do so. His attitude was cocky and he made me feel as if there was nothing wrong with me. Once he determined that there was no need for surgery, he lost interest in anything I had to say. The "consultation fee" was outrageous and not covered by my insurance company. Dr. Vingan was highly recommended but highly disappointing.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

rude and only interested in the insurance company

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Stated the radiologists dont know what how to read tests only surgeons do. Does not review films with patient. Did not perform physical exam after initial treatment for two years . Does not return phone calls when I was in severe pain even after visiting ER to be treated. Violated HIPPA by throwing my medical records in the garbage when asked to explain radiologists reports. He is arrogant, patient and rude and so was his staff. It took over a month for an appointment to review CAT scan reports of my back . He is known as a "quack" by other reputable physicians

Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Vingan, How are you doing, I'll see you soon in May. I'm writting to you in reference to, on of your assistants. Mercedez, she has been wonderful too deal with! Mercedez, always goes that extra mile to help. Whenever, I've called she returned my call that day, and answered all the questions to the best she could. Brain&Spine Center, is lucky too have an asset to their team. When someone is as sufficiant as Mercedez, it needs to be addressed!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

RUDE,LONG WAIT TIME,DID NOT SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH ME. WOULDN'T LET ME SPEAK,,HARDLY EXAMINATED ME

Submitted December 18, 2011

The office was beautiful and I was helped before the visit on the phone, and while I had a brief wait. I was referred for a complex spinal problem that few other doctors were interested in treating, and I needed a spinal fusion, and wanted one with a minimally invasive approach. Dr. Vingan took a lot of time to explain my diagnosis, the MRI and the options for treatments. Once I chose him as my surgeon, he didn't disappoint me in the surgery or the follow up. I had an XLIF procedure, and had less pain thanI expected and am now 6 months out from surgery, with great results. My back pain and leg pain s gone, and I am back out bicycling and running again, and waiting for the next ski season.Thank you Dr. Vingan.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I have seen numerous spine surgeons and he listened to me and suggested the least invasive surgery of all of the doctors I saw. Needless to say, the surgery was a complete success!! I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Vingin is one of the best Dr's I have ever met........I would recommend him to anyone......He has a wonderful staff also.........

flag | Submitted September 16, 2007

Dr. Roy D. Vingan's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1981)