Ratings for Dr. Alan Cohen

Dr Cohen is my favorite doctor! I've been going to him since I was 18 and he delivered both my children. He always calls me back seconds after I call him. He's super sweet and knowledgable. He's extremely comforting in the delivery room and loves to take pics of himself holding ur little ones after birth! Love him!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr Cohen has been my dr since I was 17. I am now 46. I have followed him from 3 different practices and would follow him to 3 more. He delivered all 3 of my sons, even canceling some of his appointment because he promised me that he would deliver my first son. Would never consider eve going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

If you are looking for a gynecologist, LOOK no further. He is the absolute best.Very experienced and knowledgable, and always takes his time with you. The way they schedule I have never waited longer then 10 minutes from walking in the door to seeing the doctor. He is kind and gentle, and tells you everything that's happening at the time.He always talk to you in his office after the exam and when you are fully dressed. I had a problem about 15 years ago and was referred to him by a friend after many failed attempts with a satisfactory doctor I was comfortable with. I live in North Jersey and gladly drive the hour and 15 minutes to see him. I will never go to another doctor again. Of course he sorted out my issue of an allergy after more then 8 doctors misdiagnosed me, even a dermatologist taking skin samples for pemphigus because my twin has it. Which needless to say, was horrible. I never write comments , trust me he is the absolute BEST.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I love dr Cohen. He delivered my 4th child and i wish i had known about him for my first three!!! He is super patient very knowledgable and caring. He is so devoted to each patient and really knows you and takes care of you. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr. Cohen is a rare gem, not many Drs. like him left who take their time to listen and truly care about finding a solution if something is wrong he talks to you after your exam to make sure everything has been covered. I would never go to another Gynocologist ever!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I used Dr Cohen for my pregnancy/birth of my son last year and he was great. Thorough and on top of things. EXTREMELY good bedside manner, made me feel very comfortable when I had my c-section. I am pregnant again and SAD that he no longer accepts my insurance, because I wanted to use him again this time. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Dr. Cohen is the BEST DOCTOR hands down. I moved to Hanover Pa 4 years ago and every year I drive back to NJ 3 hours because I would never go to another Doctor. He always calls back when you call the office with a question, and doesn't expect payment. Years ago when I was laid off and had no insurance he still wanted me to come in, and told me not to worry about the money, I could pay him back another time, my health was more important. He answers all your questions and even asks you questions, which in turn makes you remember things you may have forgotten to ask him. I had a friend who was suffering from pain for 2 years all the Dr's she visited told her it was in her head, she went to him and he figured out the problem first VISIT!!! she called to tellme she would never go to another GYNO again she drives from North Jersey to South Jersey just to see him. He is kind, caring, considerate and takes his time with you during and after your exam I HIGHLY recommend HIM.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Very Good doctor, somewhat hurried, but thorough,nice personality. Clean office, good staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

great listener, thorough, compassionate, timely, respectful, communicates situation and options well . . . Dr. Cohen performed D&C for my miscarriage. Ten months later (when he wasn't on call) he came in to the E.R. for my emergency surgery on a beautiful summer weekend.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

GREAT DOCTOR, VERY INFORMATIVE, GIVE YOU PLENTY OF TIME IN THE OFFICE. GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER. WOULD RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr. Alan Cohen's Credentials

• Arabic

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Howell, NJ