Ratings for Dr. Christopher Smith

I moved to a new part of town and needed to find a new family practice. I found Dr Smith on an online search . I called and got in the next morning . I was so nervous about going to a new facility , but was very satisfied with the front desk , nurses , techs and Dr . Smith , what a great communicator . He listens and ask question and performs exams and then , tells you what's up . I was so pleased with his bedside manner and knew I found my next family practice doctor . I have even told a few Friends who made the switch . Keep up the great work . J . Garcia

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

If it were for the under-skilled office staff, Dr. Smith would get all fives! My experience with the office personnel has not been favorable with respect to poor communication skills. The person responsible for greeting and patients and their family needs a must better command of the English language, and must better "bedside manners" with patients. Cant say enough positive things about Dr. Smith and the nurses! He is very patient and kind, as well as helpful when diagnosing issues. I highly recommend Dr. Smith if you can get through the lack of professionalism of the office staff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Very knowledgeble and caring, down to earth Doctor - I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Smith listens and is excellent at diagnosing your problem the first time. Very nice. Smart. Professional. Always available. He's the best.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Dr. Smith is well rounded with knowledge. I was already a patient with South Austin, when he came. I am comfortable talking with him about anything. He spends as much time as I need. I would recommend him to anyone. And he has a great smile!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Smith has been my doctor since he has been at Far West Clinic. I am in better health than I have ever been under his care, and with his immense knowledge of diabetics. I will follow him to South Austin.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

I also have seen Dr. Smith for many years at ARC. Like the previous poster; I was in shock when I got my letter that he was leaving ARC. I just found out today that he is moving South to South Oaks Family Medicine (they have a web site). I am not interested in seeing any other doctor @ ARC simply because they seem so 'clinical' and lack the personable & human compassionate quality that Dr. Smith has for his patients. This is why I will follow him to South Austin even though I live way North Austin. My name is Cindy Bruce @ TexasLassie2004@yahoo.com in case anyone is interested in contacting me to 'compare notes' or etc regardng this matter :)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

I'm fairly despondent upon learning that Dr. Smith is leaving Austin Regional Clinic (which I prefer to use because it's so close to home). I've always found him to be thorough, professional, compassionate, knowledgeable and very friendly. Perhaps his new practice won't be too far away, then I won't need to be frantically searching websites like this for another ARC doc!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I've seen Dr Smith for years, mostly because I keep procrastinating finding another doctor, and because I so rarely need to go in. I feel uncomfortable talking to him, and he seems impatient with and uncomfortable around me, as well. His main concern seems to be getting to his next patient.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

This is a doctor who really listens to what you are saying

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Christopher Smith's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)