Ratings for Dr. John A. Boothby

Boothby is arrogant, rude, and obviously approaching senility. Twice he did not recognize me from a previous visit or remember what my problem was until he consulted his notes as I sat there in front of him. Missed a brain tumor I had in an MRI, enabling the tumor to grow for another ten years, which I now need brain surgery for. Refuses to prescribe pain medication for severe migraine although this is becoming a rampant problem among many doctors nowadays there is no excuse for it. I cannot believe this man has not lost his license. Even my local GP warned me that he is senile and that he was probably not worth consulting.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Had an excellent experience with Dr. Boothby. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

terrible bedside manner. Rude and condescending. Made a point of pointing out his "excellent" credentials. acted as though I was wasting his time. Told me to stop crying and listen to him. told me my symptoms were all in my head.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Cornell this..that..whatever. he had no concerns of my symptoms. made racial comment... i told him i had an epigastric hernia.. he didn't know what that was and asked if i was sure it wasn't a native american stabbing.... i was told i have migraines and put me on medication that nearly put me in the hospital with swelling of the tongue and throat. he had no interest when i told him i lost a gag reflex in a car accident 3 months earlier. his actual words were "i have never heard of that". he did not care to look at my MRI. 1 moth later later dx with occipital neuralgia and mild arnold chiari by another nuero doc. My cerebral tonsils are herniated and compressing lower cranial nerves on my brain stem. the gag reflex being #9 nerve is one affected the most. i now have bronchitis due to aspiration related to the absent gag reflex.. if you want answers don't expect them from him..

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Twice has he not cared enough to listen and try to find the right answers...twice another neurologist was consulted and the true diagnosis was made. As of this last appointment for my family member, that will be the last time anyone I care about will go to Dr. Boothby. The quack's answer to everything is it's all in your head when in fact there was definately a medical problem that needed treatment.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Best. The rating scale is calibrated from one to five. Doctor Boothby is out of the measurment range - is a ten. Treated by Doctor Boothby fifteen years.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2007

Dr. John A. Boothby's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1966)

Amerigroup