Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth L. Altenhein

If I wanted to feel neglected, I'd move into an orphanage. I don't need some bitter old woman look at me for 2 min and think she knows what's wrong. Awful person even worse doctor

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I was seen by Dr.Altenhein at Miriam Hospital in 2002 for severe abdominal pain and vomiting lasting 20 hours.She recommended a gall bladder removal and was displeased when I requested a second opinion from a gastroenterologist.His decision was that I had no GI problem.It took 8 years to finally get diagnosed correctly-it turned out I had an incisional hernia from prior surgery complicated by adhesions and theraputic radiation scarring.I had 8 years of severe pain and it was not something I'd wish on anyone.At least five other doctors failed to diagnose the problem,so it wasn't just Dr.Altenheim.I finally had corrective surgery at the VA where my problem was recognized and terated promptly.I'm sorry to say I would not feel comfortable seeing this doctor again,although that isn't a reflection on her skills.I think she just decided I had a gall bladder problem and that was it.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Amazing! I don't believe there is a better surgeon with more knowledge or skill out there. She treated me with respect, answered all my questions, and cared not just about the cancer but about my quality of life.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Wonderful, tender, very caring surgeon. Very understanding about my fears. Could not have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

I LOVE Dr. Altenhein. You could not ask for a better or nicer surgeon. I will always be grateful to her for saving my life.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

Excellent Surgeon - Top surgical skills! She is also very kind, compassionate,and intelligent. Highly Recommend!!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2007

Dr. Elizabeth L. Altenhein's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI