Ratings for Dr. Hana Chaim

I wouldn't know, the rude woman up front wouldn't let me see the doc at my appointment because I didn't have my Photo ID on me.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

This doctor and her staff are very rude people. Do not go there

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

During my initial visit with Dr. Chaim, she was very receptive, asked health questions and took notes. We had a dialogue regarding my condition & was prescribed refills. Visit 2, met with Dr. Chaim & found her to be apprehensive & on the defense. I kept my responses brief & to the point as to maintain a more positive atmosphere. Chaim asked health related questions & dispensed a supply of Vit supplements to further help with my condition. Visit 3, Dr. Chaim demeanor was up-beat, her questions where directed to my upbringing which felt uncomfortable. yet I answered her questions without fuss. After my visit, I requested a copy of the doctor's notes & summary & was told the doctor doesn't provide. As it is within my right, I made a formal request to arrange access to my medical file. Instead, I received a call from Dr. Chaim letting me know that I would be receiving a copy of her notes and a termination letter. As bazaar as this call was for me, in the end, I can do without the drama.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Very unorganized record keeping. Does not keep good charts on patient. After a few visits I began to bring my own records so she could see them. I even gave her copies to keep and next time I went...NO copies. She asks for tests even if you bring her RECENT tests from the last doctor. Sometimes she listens and other times not. Changed doctors.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

She is very knowledgeable, very nice. Alternative treatment that takes insurance. I loved going there. Her fat male office manager ran me off. I missed a $20.00 copay that wasn't collected in office one day. I Apologized and said I would have it with me next appt. in a couple weeks. He called me at home and gave me an earful the very day of my next appt. I was beside myself. I cancelled right then and there and sent him in his measley $20.00 for someone like me who was under a lot of stress, this is counter productive. I NEVER miss co-pays. It was his fault as well. Oh my gosh, so rude and obnoxious. If she ever got rid of that loser, I would go back.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

This doctor is just making the bills by collecting office fees. She doesn't talk/discuss, just wants to order bloodwork very frequently. I went for HRT and Hypothyroidism which I had already been treated for. She looked at the bloodwork and didn't even know the hormone levels were way too low. Didn't do a thing about anything. Needless to say, I've gone on to another doctor. My husband also went to this doctor for an annual physical. They didn't even take a blood pressure on him. She sent him for bloodwork and on the second visit did nothing either. He asked to be referred to a neurologist for a neck problem and she wanted his last MRI. The office staff didn't get it and shrugged when we asked about it. They said all they got was an old blood test from the doctor's office. They did not followup on it when they received the wrong information, nor did they bother to tell him so he might have done something. All in all she collected office visits and did absolutely nothing.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Dr Chaim was able to pinpoint the cause of my problem, which no one else had been able to do. She is a careful listener, very perceptive and does not rush a patient to get to her next appointment.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Either there is a lack of communication between the front desk and Dr. Chaim, or she is too busy to return calls. I had a potentially serious medical problem that I felt she should address and after repeated calls to her office she finally returned my call one week later. She seemed totally unconcerned. Needless to say I am changing doctors. I will say she seems knowledgeable and I do like the fact that she uses alternative healing methods. I'm sorry that this one incident forces me to change doctors. Communication in the medical field is extremely important, in my opinion, especially when there is a potentially life threatening problem.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2007

With Dr Chaim you never wait too long, does not double book. Staff is a little odd, lack of organization is evident when viewing the office. It is also a little odd that you can't wear perfumes to the office and they are very funny about odors but, they have a dog running around. Seems to be a nice doctor, however if you have something that could be serious you may want to go elsewhere it seems that everything that comes up with me is related to allergies. She has been very good at times and totally in left in others but, doctors are practicing. One of the few alternative medicine doctors in the area. Takes very few insurances, probably because the people out front are so unorganized (the office managers desk is literally stacked with mail and paperwork). I think is relative to the overall practice because following through on the details is just as important. Overall they are OK, remember doctors are just people, you have to catch them on the right day to find out what they can do.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2007

Dr. Hana Chaim's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med