Ratings for Dr. David Kloth

My husband, Tom, has been a patient of Dr. Kloth's for over twenty years. I suspect a number of his negative ratings may be retaliation regarding issues over pain medications. A lot of patients are out there to abuse and when cut off are not happy campers. Please keep this in mind when reading the negative reviews. Dr. Kloth may have a strong personality but he is an exceptionally caring doctor who has always done a superb job in managing my disabled husband's chronic pain. He is excellent in diagnosing. He is expertise in performing procedures as he excels in needle placement which is key in achieving the best possible results. There are times you have to wait to be seen but he is worth the wait and once he is with you in the exam room you have his undivided attention and he takes whatever time is necessary with you. I highly recommend Dr. Kloth to anyone who suffers from chronic pain. Maurie Cooper

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

My Norwalk neurologist referred me for mild post herpetic neurlagia to Kloth. Refused to see me unless I agreed to most invasive treatments for extreme cases. This guy is all about $ preying on patients in pain. Stay away.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Dr. Kloth is a very smart doctor, who knows what he is doing! I had a SI joint injection and it really help me. Now, the other side is hurting and I will need a shot there. To all the neg comments, this doctor is very busy and deals with many people. He is one of the top doctors in CT, in his field! Thank you for all you do to help people!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This is the perfect example of don't believe what you read on the internet. I have known Dr Kloth for over 10 years. Yes he does have a strong personality but he has to with patients who have drug seeking behavior (or if you want to tell him what you heard on Dr Oz). If your priority is to better control your pain this is the guy to go to. He has an arsenal of techniques to diagnose your pain and to treat it. All kinds of doctors and surgeons refer to Dr Kloth as he has the best reputation in the area for the skill of his technique. I would have to think in the long run this is more economical because he helped me to avoid surgery and eliminated my meds. Also, the rants below are incorrect: Dr Kloth is with Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital. He also sees patients at the Ridgefield Surgical Center. His staff is great and I'm not sure what all of this online commotion is- if I had to guess I would say it's people who he can't get off of the narcotics.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Kloth and his staff are the most caring, kind, and smart staff I have had the opportunity to be a part of. Dr. Kloth has worked with me to keep me walking, standing, bending. With and without meds. This Dr. is compassionate with his patients. Anyone who thinks he has an ego or Cocky is just ignorant. Yes, he talks to you like you need to be spoken to. He has seen it all. He told me my very first visit, "If you ever expect to be pain free, you're in the wrong place. My job after these people messed you up is to keep you comfortable and living life". He has not broken that promise! Thank you Dr. Kloth and the whole staff!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Disgraceful treatment of patients.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

This doctor is an amazing diagnostician who will get to the core of your pain and treat it in an appropriate manner. If you have issues with addiction this guy is going to call you on it. Everything is straightforward and nothing is sugar coated. Treatments given are conservative and almost always effective.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Kloth for four years. Now although Dr. Kloth is a smart man in his profession, he is egotistical and rude. When he makes an assumption, his word is gold. Now grant it, there is a lot of abuse in this field...and it has hardened him. He yells at his patients and his nurses. If you want to see the best from Dr. Kloth, come with a spouse, friend, or family member, and be honest. And if you need pain medication, he's about the only one left in the state whom prescribes.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

He has help me walk again! He listen and help you get trough your hard day work. Other Dr did not want to work with me . They only wanted to do surgery. With my line of work that wasn't a option. He is the best. I would not go to any other dr

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

He is into money and himself. Missed injection sights with very powerful drugs that can ruin your body chemistry. If you don't know what the definition of Narcisist is please look it up because he is a very dangerous human smart enough to go to medical school. He undermines you at every opportunity. I was with him for 7 years listening to him yell swear and scream at his patients and staff. If he gets confronted with someone who is just as smart but has a heart he gets exposed and his anger is the response. This is the type of dr that uses your pain control by limiting your oral medication to rely on more powerful and expensive injections. Yes injections are beneficial if targeted correctly do work that's where his listening to the patient is lacking. Do your homework and seek another doctor this one is dangerous in the large scope of things. I've have had 19 surgeries from a very high fall and consider myself a very good judge of people in this medical nightmare. He has been fired from a surgical center for his violence and intimidation of both staff and patients. when the staff and owners of a high end surgical practice fire one of their own doctors....it's a sign that says stay away. They weeded him out!!! I actually feel sorry for the man part of this nightmare as he will never understand why he is in business other than himself and his money. I never had trouble with my medication or following his orders. I take control of my life, but when I reduced my oral meds on my own when feeling better and had to return to the old dosage he forgot about me and my controlling the dosage and used that to control the money .....he got exposed!! I can't sit in a chair for more than 10-15 minutes without extreme difficulty so when I needed a note excusing me from jury duty he threw a temper tantrum. I asked him for the note his staff had written, just needed to be signed by him, he told me to go to court and lie to the judge saying that I hate black people.... That was the end of the road for me!! I asked him why he wanted me to go thru that kind of exposure when he was holding the note in his hands, his response was to throw my file down a hallway throwing his pen yelling that no one would challenge him!!!!!!!! He is a mental breakdown waiting to happen. He is lying to himself and the patient for money and prestige he doesn't deserve. It's your pain.... Treat yourself right and move on. That alone is a clear sign of NARCISIST. Do not get involved with this individual!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. David Kloth's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1987)

Workers Comp