Ratings for Dr. Larry D. Gurley

I have been a patient of Dr Gurleys over 25 year he is the best gyn physician in Nashville he takes as much time with his patients as the situation warrants literally saved my life He is kind professional and brillant

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

EVERYTIME I go, it's at least an hour wait. Last 2 times its been 1.5 hr wait. This is inexcusable when my appointment was at 9:00AM! Came at this time, fighting rush hour traffic, thinking the wait would NOT BE SOOOO LONG. Absolutely HATE coming here. Staff acts as if they don't have a clue also. Looking for another gyn now.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Gurley is a great doctor but his office staff is unprofessional and have no bedside manner. The nurses are very nice but the administrative staff/receptionist/ billing department seem to have attitudes. When I first arrived from my appointment, the receptionist opened the window and asked me to verify my name. Then, she loudly announced what I was there for and asked me to verify that. There were patients in the lobby so I know they heard her. It was very embarrassing. That's never happened to me in a doctor's office. I thought there was a such thing called HIPPA laws. If you can't afford your medical bill, they will call collection and not work with what you can afford. As I said, I like Dr. Gurley but his office staff needs work and some manners.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Gurley is a kind, caring and professional physician. I have been to other gynecologists who were not gentle and who wanted to do needless surgery. If you are over the age of 45, I would especially recommend Dr. Gurley.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Dr. Gurley is a great doctor. I was so nervous about my visit, until I met him. He immediately set my mind at ease. He is very professional and caring. He takes the time to explain things and answer any questions. His staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend him with no reservation.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

I am 48 and have been seeing Dr. Gurley for over ten years now. He is a very gentle, caring and knowledgeable doctor. My 21 yr old daughter now also sees him and will not go any where else. I have always found him to be very informative. He will give me all my options and let me choose which is best for me.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

Dr. Gurley has to be the most gentle, kind, compassionate physician I've ever had experience with. His staff is knowledgable,respond patiently to my needs and concerns,explain exactly what to expect,calm my fears, and really listen. Dr. Gurley has helped keep me from having a hysterectomy and seems to be trying every way possible to keep me in good health in a holistic way, not just treating the symptoms. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

I am 47 yrs old; I had an ovarian cyst; it was checked with ultrasound and rechecked in 6-8 weeks. It had not gone away nor had it gotten smaller. After 6 mos. I called to ask to have another ultrasound done and was told that it was just a simple cyst and did not need any other follow up. My mother died of ovarian cancer found at stage 4. Ovarian cysts that are follicle usually go away or get smaller. I wanted to keep tabs on it and was told there was no reason to. I waited about another year and got another doctor. The ultrasound showed that it was still there and had grown, plus having another one. After more follow up and some changes in the cyst I ultimately ended up having my ovaries removed and no, it was not cancer, but with how silent ovarian cancer is, and it in the family history, I would expect to have been followed up better without being told that it was just a simple cyst. I wish my mother had.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2007

Dr. Larry D. Gurley's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)