Ratings for Dr. Ellen I. Rabun

I wish she would come back to Blacksburg. Sure, she could be a little brusque, but I'd rather have a doctor who tells it to me like it is, rather than one who tells me what I want to hear.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

wish she were still in practice, always wonderful with my family.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

Great! smart, helpful and caring. Would have her take care of me any day.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Horrible. Said my symptoms were in my head. Found out from my next doctor that I had acid reflux and my symptoms subsided as soon as I was treated. When I was her patient I had symptoms for a year which could cause throat cancer untreated.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Smart, pleasant. Very caring. She took care of my son and I in the ER and was wonderful.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

She failed to diagnose my glaringly obvious thyroid disease, despite numerous visits and reports of symptoms. I would not trust her to treat my dog.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Dr. Rabun was a compassionate, straightforward physician. I saw her many times when I lived in that area- and always received excellent care and advice. She and her nurse practitioner always seemed to genuinely care, and they are much missed. I had some issues with their nurses/nurses in training, but all in all, this is a great practice.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Love her and miss her. She was very good to my entire family. Listened and worked with me on an alternative vaccination schedule. Loved that she is tends to be more 'natural' than most docs. MISS HER!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

I miss Dr. Rabun she was a good listener and understod my health problems. she was great with my kids.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2008

she mis-diagnosed the flu, which many people in town had, including university students (majority of her patients) - she said it was allergies - this was January and snow on the ground - also yelled at me because I had breathing trouble and wanted the exam room door open a bit for ventilation - accused me of listening to nurse calling in prescriptions, outside my door!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Ellen I. Rabun's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Assurant