Ratings for Dr. Simon Holland

Over the course of 2 years so far, Dr. Holland has been treating me through surgery and follow-ups.(2014 - 2016). Having being diagnosed with 3 eye afflictions, Kerataconus, Fuch's Dystrophy and cataracts, my eyes were in somewhat dire straits only to worsen over time. 2 corneal transplants and laser surgery later, it feels like I'm seeing the world in young man's eyes again. Thank you Dr. Holland for your skill, professionalism and friendly demeanour! Douglas (Rod) Gowe

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

A professor, a scientist, a true gentleman, and the specialist who treated my keratoconus. The world needs more professionals like Dr Simon Holland.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr.Holland just recently provided PRK laser surgery for me and I couldn't be happier with the experience. He's very kind and professional, I would highly recommend him for anyone considering laser eye surgery. His office is quite busy but I never had to wait long periods of time, and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable. I don't know why people have been giving the staff bad reviews because they were great.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Wow on my appointment and surgery. Dr. Simon Holland is a gentleman, extremely patient, and one of the most accomplished surgeons in Canada. I feel very lucky to be his patient!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I had PRK done almost precisely two years ago, and this is really more of to bring awareness to the risks that sometimes the surgeries just don't turn out as well as they should. The majority do fine, but if you're one of the small percentage like myself who don't recover well you may want to reconsider doing it in the first place. This doesn't have any bearing necessarily on dr Holland, just that some people heal differently I guess... The risk of developing complications are under emphasized - I now have permanent dry eyes which required punctal plugs, and my eyes turn really hideously red by the end of the day and if I'm in any dry climates, they look terrible & people comment. My vision is 20/20, but my night vision is worse now and I have to be careful driving at night. Oh, and I'm in my late 30's! In follow ups Dr. Holland was honest and didn't know why my eyes were turning so red, advised me to follow up with the optometrist who also didn't know what was going on so I gave up after paying for additional optometrist follow ups. Now instead of contact lenses, I have ongoing costs for eye drops, and my eyes are so sensitive I can't wear a lot of makeup brands. Other people who have had laser eye surgery done around me also complained of worsened sensitivity, and I think this is another effect of laser eye surgery that is not emphasized enough. To this day if I rub my eyes too hard it is painful, cutting onions is pretty stingy too. Think through your decision to do laser eye surgery- if you're not a good healer and don't recover quickly from previous injuries/surgeries (this was my first surgery) you may want to reconsider.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Please ignore people who complain about the staff and wait times for the Pacific Eye Laser Clinic; there is a very good reason why this is a busy clinic, Dr. Holland is the most qualified surgeon for PRK or Lasik or any other type of ophthalmic investigation. I would remind anyone reading that Dr. Holland is a member of The University of British Columbia Department of Ophthalmology cornea service as a faculty member. I was not only impressed by reading up on his education accreditation both in Canada and in other countries but the fact he is a surgeon not just some guy trained to run a laser. In person he was thorough and attentive and took time and never seemed in a rush while speaking with me. I would question anyone else you see in regards to your vision other than Dr. Holland since in my view he is the most qualified and experienced in his field available in BC, or at least one of the top of his peer group. Yes his clinic is VERY busy and the staff are exhaustively tasked with the demand of the case loads in front of them. A bit of PATIENCE goes a long way for any patient.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

We had to wait over an hour for a booked appointment. This is sometimes expected with Dr.s however, the receptionist was so rude and unhelpful, the experience was terrible. She had a very condescending attitude. The Dr. himself was great and very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I went to Pacific Laser Eye Centre to have PRK surgery for my right eye, i used to have laser surgery 20 y ears ago, my eye sitation not good. I am so lucky that Dr. Simon P Holland is my doctor and did the surgery for me, he saved my eye! He is so professional, experienced, and i would recommand him to anyone who need laser surgery. He also very caring. Very good doctor!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

It so refreshing to speak with a doctor who cares and actually takes time to explain things to you, answer your questions and give you options. Wow!!! that just doesn't happen anymore. He doesn't rush you or make you feel like you are taking up his valuable time. Certainly knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Holland saved my husbands eyesight. He performed two cornea transplants . Very good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016