You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Simon Holland

Please ignore people who complain about the staff and wait times for the Pacific Eye Laser Clinic; there is a very good reason why this is a busy clinic, Dr. Holland is the most qualified surgeon for PRK or Lasik or any other type of ophthalmic investigation. I would remind anyone reading that Dr. Holland is a member of The University of British Columbia Department of Ophthalmology cornea service as a faculty member. I was not only impressed by reading up on his education accreditation both in Canada and in other countries but the fact he is a surgeon not just some guy trained to run a laser. In person he was thorough and attentive and took time and never seemed in a rush while speaking with me. I would question anyone else you see in regards to your vision other than Dr. Holland since in my view he is the most qualified and experienced in his field available in BC, or at least one of the top of his peer group. Yes his clinic is VERY busy and the staff are exhaustively tasked with the demand of the case loads in front of them. A bit of PATIENCE goes a long way for any patient.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

We had to wait over an hour for a booked appointment. This is sometimes expected with Dr.s however, the receptionist was so rude and unhelpful, the experience was terrible. She had a very condescending attitude. The Dr. himself was great and very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I went to Pacific Laser Eye Centre to have PRK surgery for my right eye, i used to have laser surgery 20 y ears ago, my eye sitation not good. I am so lucky that Dr. Simon P Holland is my doctor and did the surgery for me, he saved my eye! He is so professional, experienced, and i would recommand him to anyone who need laser surgery. He also very caring. Very good doctor!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

It so refreshing to speak with a doctor who cares and actually takes time to explain things to you, answer your questions and give you options. Wow!!! that just doesn't happen anymore. He doesn't rush you or make you feel like you are taking up his valuable time. Certainly knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Don't even try to call his office. They will put you on hold or they will just hang up on you. The lady from the front desk is not multitask at all. Her name is Lana or something like that...horrible and unprofessional!

Submitted November 27, 2015

I have been with Dr. Holland for 20 years and have had two cornea transplants, PRK, Lasik Surgery. I would recommend him to anyone. I have found his character to be of excellent quality, caring and competent. He is one of the few doctors I trust completely.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

My experience was nothing short of amazing! I ironically enough had a consultation and potential appointment date booked with another doctor and luckily after reading the reviews given from ratemymd patients of said other doctor, I had QUICKLY changed my mind and booked a consultation with Dr. Simon Holland. An extremely kind and gentle man with the most honest and professional opinions given. Dr. Holland made me feel at ease at the time of surgery, which was of my concern as I was extremely nervous regarding having it done. (Phobia of my eyes, i'm sure i'm not alone either) Thank you Dr. Holland, I really appreciate what you've done for myself and others!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

awesome experience. he was reassuring, gentle with his touch, professional and sincere. he really cared about my issues, listened to my concerns and other health issues and we found solutions around my other health issues post op to ensure I was safe and healthy. He listened to me, and that is what matters.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Simon Holland's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Please ignore people who complain about the staff and wait times for the Pacific Eye Laser Clinic; there is a very good reason why this is a busy clinic, Dr. Ho..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "We had to wait over an hour for a booked appointment. This is sometimes expected with Dr.s however, the receptionist was so rude and unhelpful, the experience ..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Pacific Laser Eye Centre to have PRK surgery for my right eye, i used to have laser surgery 20 y ears ago, my eye sitation not good. I am so lucky tha..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "It so refreshing to speak with a doctor who cares and actually takes time to explain things to you, answer your questions and give you options. Wow!!! that jus..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Holland saved my husbands eyesight. He performed two cornea transplants . Very good doctor. "

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Don't even try to call his office. They will put you on hold or they will just hang up on you. The lady from the front desk is not multitask at all. Her name i..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Holland for 20 years and have had two cornea transplants, PRK, Lasik Surgery. I would recommend him to anyone. I have found his character ..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Holland can be disrespectful to his patients. He is not very caring. "

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A knowledgeable, professional and extremely caring man. Don't find many doctors like Dr. Holland anymore."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience was nothing short of amazing! I ironically enough had a consultation and potential appointment date booked with another doctor and luckily after ..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "awesome experience. he was reassuring, gentle with his touch, professional and sincere. he really cared about my issues, listened to my concerns and other heal..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Holland for 18 years for a traumatic eye injury. great doctor"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Kudos to Dr. Holland. My cataract surgery was complicated because the suspensory ligaments were missing. This was not known going into the surgery. Dr. Holland ..."

September 27, 2014