Ratings for Dr. Edmund Liang

As I attended the office about the same date I don't understand the complaints from the previous writer. I did not find the waiting room boring (I was there to have my eyes checked, not be entertained) or dirty. True is is not fancy & they certainly could use more storage space but I did not find the staff rude. The nurse needs to explain her position? And does the doctor need to welcome you? I personally found Dr Liang to be pleasant & he assured me I had no cause for concern & even commented on an scarring on my eye which I did not know about.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Had to wait several hours in a very crowded , boring, dirty waiting room. The staff was very rude. The nurse ( not sure if she was a nurse or so) did not introduce herself or her position. She did not wipe the equipment before ask me to put my face there . It was so nasty and disgusting. They did not even have the disinfectant wipe in the examination room!!!!. Doctor himself was not better either, noT welcoming at all. He was not sorry for being several hours behind his schedule and did not introduced himself. His office/room was untidy , looks more like a storage room with several boxes at the end of the room. He did not disinfect his equipment either or the chair which I had toput my head on the head rest. No paper on head rest was used. I spent not more than 5 minutes with Doctor and did not get any explanation about my eye problem . . I never go back there. Awful place, awful staff.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Getting through on this telephone line is next to impossible and they do not take messages. The receptionists are not the best. They agreed for me to book for a Monday appointment and then tell me a few days before the scheduled date that he is on holidays and needs to re-book. Although he appears to be a good doctor (so far no problems with my eyes), getting through and the LONG wait times are ridiculous.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr Liang is a serious man and he is thorough and diligent. He took time to answer all my questions and he gave clear sensible answers. He never rushed me and there was none of the snobbish demeanour that you encounter with a lot of specialists. My only criticism is the degree of over-booking of patients which seems to make a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait the norm. I know some patients are late and there can be no-shows but that doesn't justify this degree of over-book if the patient-stream is well managed. Support staff were courteous and patient and the waiting room was adequate if rather crowded.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Please do yourself a favour by not seeing this awful person. No empathy and treats patients like a statistical number. Very rude and abrasive demeanour. What an awful person and untidy environment.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I will never ever go here. This doctor is the worst. He needs to retire. Honestly horrible. Your doctor should make you feel bad if your trying to tell him something. Never asked any of my questions. I will never go here. All he does is get you addicted to drugs so he can get paid. I'm getting a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Why do they over book their patients? It's not fair to the seniors to wait 4 hours for a scheduled appointment. No one deserves this kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Fantastic dr. Very thorough and listened to our concerns and explained the situation we were in. Staff was excellent as well.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Had to wait over 3 hours in noisy and smelly waiting room. Rude staff and horrible doctor. I recommend avoiding this doctor unless you enjoy being tortured !!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

The nurse was rude and did not give proper instructions before any test. That ended up poor testing result and wasted time to repeat tests. Over booking are all expected in today health system, but taking over 3 hours for one eye appointment is definitely an issue. In fact, for my last 5 years visit, the delay is always the same. The bottom line is Dr Liang is great and awesome. Worth the long wait....

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015