Ratings for Dr. Geoff Blake

Excellent doctor! Always on time! Very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Excellent doctor both from a professional and personal perspective!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Blake has been my doctor for 14 years. He is the best and I could never ask for a better doctor. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and takes the time he needs with his patients. I just recently went through my second round of chemotherapy in 1 years and my grandson was very scared and Dr. Blake allowed him to come into one of our visits to help my grandson feel more comfortable with the process. He was very patient with him and explained what was going on and helped alleviate his fears. Not many doctors would take the time to do this for their patients and family. He is just the best doctor I could have. The staff and his secretary are also wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The whole staff of the Montreal General Hospital oncology department are wonderful. They all do their best in this situation which is very stressful to all their patients. I want to thank them all for all their help and support. You could not ask for a better group of people, and have been very lucky to have dealt with them for more than 16 years. I would never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Not only is he a knowledgeable doctor but most importantly, he treats his patients as people first. He listens to you and spends time with you. He treats the whole person, not the disease. A wonderful man.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I was admitted to the hospital, 5 times for pulmonary blood clots. No doctor was able to find the reason as to why I was getting them so often. One doctor even put a filter in my leg to trap the clots before the went to my lung. However they were not coming from my legs. They automatically formed on my lung. So after 5 doctors tried to find the reason. They called in the head of the hematology department. Dr. Blake to the rescue, he came in to see me, asked to do some blood work & with in a week, he found the answer. 15 years later, I still see Dr. Blake once a week to keep my blood levels in check. I have not had a blood clot since then. Dr. Blake is one very special doctor. Very caring, very supportive. You don't find doctors like him anymore!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST !!! AND SO IS THE STAFF AT THE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENT.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr Blake in 1984 condescended young MD's, did not supervise properly a new resident on his first week on the MGH Onco ward and too much methotrexate was given; Dr Blake got very angry and leucovorin rescue was given but too late. Dr Blake yelled at his pupil but he had never taught him. Dr Blake does not like to be interrupted by junior housestaff, despite them needing urgent clinical advice, when he, Dr Blake, is in an admin meeting with other 'more important' senior staff Hemat. members like the DPS (B.W.). Another patient got serious side-effects from the wrong medication, an hypoglycemic, which should have been withheld upon admission since the patient was not eating afterwards during chemotherapy for advanced lymphoma.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Blake and his staff are, without question, the reason I am able to write this review. They are a highly competant and caring group. It is amazing that with the ever increasing demand for their services that they can remain so dedicated to their patients. I sincerely hope that Dr. Blake continues to practice for a long time to come.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

with so many apparently sick patients showing up for treatments etc. it is no small wonder that dr blake and all his cohorts are able to offer the quality service that they do

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

Dr Blake is the nicest, the most knowledgeable doctor I ever met. I hope he will be there for a long time... Thanks Dr Blake

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009