Ratings for Dr. David A. Berkman

Wonderful, caring doctor. He went the extra mile in resolving my case, way beyond what he had to do. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I found Dr Berkman to be very knowledgable and appropriate. He was a direct, get to the point type of doctor but I don't mind that. His telephone staff needs to work on their communication skills though. Asking the patient what appt type they need, as if we would be familiar with various appt types and then getting testy when I asked what appt types there were. Not so good. Overall I was pleased with my appt with Dr Berkman though.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

He didnt listen to what I had to tell him. He talked over me. He made me feel like my symptoms were not as bad as I was making them sound. He blamed all of my side effects of the medicine he put me on, on other meds that I was taking (even though that was not the case). During the beginning of my pregnancy, he didnt seem that concerned about my ulcerative colitis flare up, and just spoke to me over the phone for 10 minutes- prescribing me medication that hasnt made much of a difference. Overall, he's been the worst doctor I have by far ever used. I would not suggest him to ANYONE. I have stopped using him as my GI doctor.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Only had phone consultation following a visit with his nurse practicioner. The Dr.. starting off by demanding I tell him why I had strong feelsing, then told me to stop talking, and then said I was repeating myself. He would not stop himself from talking even when I was trying to tell him I didn't have the medications he was talking about. I switched drs after that.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Very unacceptable communication style, was very unhelpful, did not care about my situation...He just wanted to do every test he could think of without real concern for my well being. Contradicted himself and went back on what was said to me prior to my visit...Very bad experience and wouldn't wish this on anyone!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Excellent doctor,very knowledgeable,very good staft.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

Did not listen to a word I had to say- talked over me when I was attempting to have a conversation regarding my health with him. Felt totally disrepected by him..... he presented as arrogrant and uncaring to me.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

Dr. David A. Berkman's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1989)

Delta Dental