Ratings for Dr. Thomas N. Payne

Dr. Payne is wonderful. Very kind and compassionate. He takes the time to explain things and will answer any of your questions

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I've interviewed, reviewed, researched, and selected many physicians in my life. I have fired well over half of them. I am picky. I have been exceedingly impressed with Dr. Payne. He is one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, personable, & trustworthy physicians I have ever met. He not only  looks me in the eye & listens when I am bumbling through my problems, he actually *remembers*. He is a shark @ solving the body's riddles, while @the same time an attentive therapist. Think "Columbo" meets "Dr. Phil".  He is candid, polite, & unbiased. As a microbiologist and professor at a local university, this is very imp. to me.  It is also important that I can trust my doctor to not pretend to have all the answers. The nurses & staff @ both his offices (Bluebonnet  & O'Neal) reflect his competence, professionalism, thoroughness, and  follow-up. Nurses fill his waiting room. As patients. I have immense respect for Dr. Payne & anticipate sticking with him for decades.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Payne signed our baby's birth certificate application in blue ink, which resulted in a rejection of the application. The hospital informed us a month after the birth, and asked us to come back in to resign the application. That application sat in Dr. Payne's box for another month. This was a problem because we live outside of the country, and have to get a SS card/passport/visa for our baby, all which take two weeks each. If you think this is trivial, we had to extend our unpaid leave and pay for expediting, costing us thousands of dollars in lost wages and fees. You'd think he would know not to use blue ink, or to check his mailbox more often.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

I went to see Dr. Payne when I started having intense pelvic pain over two years ago. I followed his instructions and had multiple tests run, ultrasounds, cystoscopies, Lupron shots, even a colonoscopy. It took over two years of suffering to finally have him recommend laparoscopic surgery,after which he diagnosed me with Endometriosis. I find him to be distant and unconcerned, when I cried and said I was really hurting, he told me that I must have a "Low tolerance for pain". I am switching doctors, there are too many of them out there to have to put up with this.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Payne has been my doctor for over 9 years through a couple of pregnancies/delivery, a miscarriage and other health concerns. He has given me his attention and assures my questions/concerns have been addressed each time I consult with him. He is knowledgeable and informative, always providing options for treatment and letting me make an informed decision. Very caring and compassionate. He came recommended from several friends who were his patients and I in turn have recommended him to several people who are please to have him as a doctor, too.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr.Payne was the on call Dr. August 6,2000. And from his nonconcerning attitude my son was still born. He even went as far as saying that it was my fault. I had been in and out of the hospital for a week in labor. The night before my son died I was told by a nurse that He did not do sections on weekends because he played golff. I would never recommend him nor the hospital to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

Does not listen to my concerns, "blows them off", treats me as if I am an idiot that doesn't understand my basic anatomy, did not tell me about an abnormal pap for 6 months. Did not tell me my sugar was high during my pregnancy, and now I have full blown diabetes. Did a nice job on my son's delivery, but overall his drawbacks overrun his qualities.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

I have seen Dr. Payne for 12 years and he has been wonderful to me and my family. He has helped my husband and I through infertility and I was very privileged to have him deliver my son.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

Not empathetic.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

Dr. Thomas N. Payne's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Connection Dental Network