Ratings for Dr. John W. Gilbert

It was an all day event when I saw him. 5 to 6 hour wait with appointment.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Treated with respect and all concerns and questions answered also discussed my future n plan of care

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

His wife is an ex stripper from trixies in louisville ky

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

DR.GILBERT WAS VERY HELPFUL WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS INJURED AT WORK. AS A RN I HAVE ENCOUNTERED MDS THAT ARE NOT VERY KNOWLEDGIBLE BUT DR. GILBERT WAS VERY KNOWLEDGIBLE. THE WAIT TIMES AT HIS OFFICE COULD DEFINATELY BE IMPROVED BUT I AM SURE THAT THESE ARE DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF PATIENTS THAT ARE IN NEED OF CARE AND LACK OF PHYSICIANS AVALIABLE.

Submitted July 10, 2012

I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Gilbert and his office. He offered various solutions to my problems and even offered me literature so I could read up and make an informed decision about my care. I didn't feel like he wanted to just "cut" to fix my problem, but wanted to offer different options and let me participate in my own care. I like that he is conservative with narcotics, but does understand the need for them under appropriate conditions. I did give a urine specimen, which anyone should expect in pain management. The office staff was EXCELLENT and very kind. My 8 year old son was with me and everyone went out of their way to talk to him and make sure he was taken care of for our wait. Yes, I was there for 3 LONG hours which is too long in my opinion to be in a doctor's office, but I felt like Dr. Gilbert spent as much time with me as he needed. I did not feel rushed and I felt like his bedside manner was very kind and caring.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Had to save and borrow money to go to first visit for my chronic low back pain. My family lost our medical coverage. Dr Gilbert was very rude and only spent 5-6mins with me and his answer was to give me a perscription for a powerful narcotic. That is not what I came to get. I wanted a diagnosis. I left feeling awful. A month later the office sent me a bill for 200.00 dollars. I called to find out what that bill was for and they told me it was for a psychiatric evaluation. That never happened. He hardly spoke to me. When I went to my family doctor for a follow up he reviewed my chart and found no letter or consultation from Dr. Gilbert. He was upset and said he would never refer another patient to him. I hope that is true because he is the worst and rudest Dr. I have met. If you only want narcotics he is for you. If you want to get well stay away from him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

This is a TOTAL SCAM. Dr G has had me on STRONG medication for SEVERAL YEARS. Also tried to Kick me out SEVERAL TIMES TOO after the second attemtp Dr said STOP. I refuse to go without a FIGHT. LIES by KIM,Cristy They ARE both no more qualified than I AM. I am a NURSE and and They twist, turn and FALSIFY information to Kick patients out if You know your rights as a Patient and When you stand up they REALLY dont like it. I have been LIED on Accused of Taking too much medication but Everytime They Pill counted EXACTLY what i was to have. Had Medial Evidence of Other PRoblems, They Said wasnt so I produced Lab Results, MRI results and NCV results. Also had Cervical Damages and they Denied it was til I showed the MRI showing it. Then They think I am going to let them Drop me with no attempt of Getting me off this DANGERIOUS MEDICATION. Board of Ethics, Medical Licensure will get this. www.kyboardofmedicallicensures.com www.painpatientsrights.com. www.kyboardofnursing.org KY WAKE UP

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Worst thing I've been experienced. I've seen this doctor three times via Telehealth. Not only have they scheduled FOUR appointments at an office that is CLOSED I have to sit 4-8 hours to wait for a 5minute webcam chat with him. Each time I've seen him, he asks what meds I'm on, if I've been to P.T., etc, etc... You would think, since he is my perscribing doctor he would know this, you would think since he ordered the physical therapy that he would know this?? I've been a chronic pain patient for 15 years. My first visit to him and I was told I would recieve no meds withing the first 30days and then after that 30days (and many ER trips) went by they cut my dosage by 1/6th which I had been on for over 2 years. Staff is clueless to what is going, everyone there is very rude and could care less about ANY of their Patients. I see him in Pikeville and not Florence or Lexington. _IF_ you have a choice.. STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

First off I feel this practice is a con. I agree with the previous poster about being with LPN and only seeing Dr Gilbert for 5min. Mine was probably a total of 2min then another patient was ushered into the same room while I was sitting there. No eye contact from doctor at all. I was given a breathalyzer and urine screen which both seemed crazy to me. I explained the doctor my problem quickly and he said I will see you in three months go have some more Mri's. To me that's the con. I had the Mri's done and received no contact at all for one month until I got a letter in the mail stating I had an appointment in another month which I promptly canceled because I switched neurosurgeons. I did find out that the Dr. Gregory Mick that they scheduled me with lost his license in Alabama but does have them in Kentucky. I googled his name and was shocked to discover that. Also got a copy of my chart from Dr Gilbert and was shocked to what he had written. None of my complaints were documented.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

When I saw Dr. Gilbert, I waited more than three hours (which is completely routine in that office among almost all the doctors). Then when I was taken back, the vast majority of my time was spent with an LPN, NOT EVEN A REGISTERED NURSE, who spent 20 minutes telling me what "The Practice" WOULDN'T do for me in terms of treatment. When Dr. Gilbert finally graced me with his presence, it was obvious that he had never even glanced at my file. He spent fewer than five minutes with me, and never made eye contact. I'm sorry to say that the other doctors in this practice are equally bad. The practice is also embroiled in a legal battle over their cash cow, the open sided MRI machine, which is less comfortable and more claustrophobic than the traditional kind. And in spite of the fact that they keep neither RN's nor medicaid liasons on staff, they DO keep a full time attorney. On a recent visit I began vomiting in full view of office staff, none of whom tried to help. STEER CLEAR!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. John W. Gilbert's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Unicare