Ratings for Dr. Boyd W. Manges

Dr. Manges is a terrible doctor. He is rude, arrogant, and condescending. For example, when I declined the flu shot during my most recent visit, he told me, "Anyone who has a wife and young child in the household who does't get the flu vaccine is not a good patient." He is also extremely ignorant and did not listen at all to my concerns. I repeatedly over the course of several appointments expressed to him my concern that I have leaky gut. He insists this condition doesn't exist, even though, as I told him, I can give him dozens of studies about it from the medical literature, including one from 2003 in the BMJ journal "Gut" stating that there are at least 50 autoimmune diseases for which intestinal permeability ("leaky gut") is a prerequisite condition. (M G Clemente, et al, “Early effects of gliadin on enterocyte intracellular signaling involved in intestinal barrier function,” Gut, 2003.) He didn't care about the facts, though, but just dismissed my concerns and abruptly ended my visit by saying "you do what you want" (meaning he wasn't going to help me get the tests I wanted done, so I should go elsewhere to seek help) and walking out the door.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

a doctor who listens..the best staff

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

Dr. Boyd W. Manges's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Multiplan