Ratings for Dr. Donald Mintz

This guy is so out of date and clueless about modern advances. He uses a 30-year old electrocautery turbinate reduction method that is barbaric, something from the cave man era. It causes 2 months of horrible pain and the treatment lasts 6-9 months, its well known to not work in the scientific community, well proven, and nobody the US will do the procedure now, EVER. That is no treatment! Glad I did some research after I had a useless sepolasty and 2 useless electrocautery procedures done by him over 4 years. Finally Dr. Amin Javer did a fantastic job had has cured me so far, with a much better procedure (Microdebreider) for 2 1/2 years at least. Also, Dr. Mintz stated that it is impossible that any of his treatments would cure my snoring, and suggested a different surgery to treat my snoring, by removing a bunch of my soft palette. It wasn't covered by bc health, would cost me around a grand but I was suspicious it would help. Another useless procedure I'm glad I totally avoided! Dr. Javer's procedure totally cured my snoring as well. Just run away from this outdated guy, it's time to retire.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I am surprised that he hasn't retired yet. I saw him for pain in my sinuses, ears and head that continued after a sinus infection that left me unable to work. That, combined with the severe dizziness, should have altered him to an inner ear injury - particularly as that is his 'specialty'. However, his report essentially writes me up as a hysterical female. Due to his report it took me many more months to get a proper diagnosis and treatment, not to mention the fight I had to get disability coverage. During the examination I felt patronized condescended to. Unless you have something easy to diagnose and are male (rather than an emotional female) I would recommend avoiding him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I cannot imagine how anyone could ask for more! I felt in extremely good hands with Dr. Mintz. He took time to explain various options to me, did not seem rushed and was very knowledgeable. I wish I could award MORE than five stars for him! (His staff were efficient & agreeable too.)

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I found Dr. Mintz to be a kind and considerate physician. I found him to be respectful, taking the time to explain what was doing and soothing my anxiety.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Today I met Dr. Donald Minz to check a problem in my throat. I found him a nice man and professional. He examined my sinuses and throat. And, he explained explained the condition to me and answered my quesions in clear words. I felt calm and satisfied when I left his office. Aziz Kiavand

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Mintz was unprofessional and unhelpful. He did not clearly answer my questions regarding my tonsils, and was judgmental toward my medical history. He focused on the financial aspects more than on the medical facts I needed. I definitely do not recommend Dr. Mintz to anyone with tonsil issues.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Mintz is always professional, punctional and does a good job. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Donald Mintz many times over the past more than two decades, regarding some hearing issues and some lumps in my mouth as well as something weird that happened on an airplane causing my face and neck to swell badly. On one occasion he removed a blood clot from over my ear drum, while I was in his office.... I trusted him implicitly and I am a former ICU nurse. Often that procedure would be done only with conscious sedation or under a general anesthetic as the clot was very hard. Dr. Mintz has a very good sense of humour and I asked him to hold his hand out so that I could see how steady it was... he cooperated, making a joke. I let him do the procedure then and there and it fully resolved my problem at the time. One does has to wait sometimes in his office, to see him... he is good at what he does and establishes good rapport... I don't mind waiting a bit even though I am a busy person... he might be helping someone else on the spot, as he helped me .. on the spot!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Such a friendly doctor! Gave me an awesome second opinion. And was very courteous. Staff arent very nice. But he is!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I waited two months to see Dr. Mintz regarding a progressively worsening buzzing in my ears. The staff was courteous and Dr. Mintz was punctual. However, I could tell from the first question that Dr. Mintz was disinterested in my condition. When I tried to share information on how my condition was progressing from a journal I was keeping, he showed no interest and asked no questions about the buzzing at all. He ran through his check list of possible causes (e.g. trauma, bacterial infection, hearing loss, fluid build up) and when the tests were negative he dismissed my condition as idiopathic tinnitus and sent me on my way. Now I'm forced to wait another few months to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013