Ratings for Dr. Donald Mintz

I saw this doctor when I was 18 and and I am 26 now. He gave a a very much needed septoplasty but he ignored the signs that I had clearly caught an infection which deformed my nose a bit and also, carelessly left packing in my nose saying it was all out. I had to go to my family doctor (also named Dr. Mintz-except he was an amazing doctor) that day for him to take out tiny bits of packing and stitches. I tried to tell him how much worse my breathing had become and he was beyond offended and acted like I was insane and bothering him. I never went to the 1 year follow up because I never wanted to see him again in my life. I went and saw Dr. Kibblewhite who found that during this surgery a structure used to help me breathe had been caught sideways blocking off my right side almost completely. Dr. Kibblewhite also fixed how botched my nose looked too and I look like myself again and even better! He is such a great man and excellent surgeon and you should just see him instead. I just really want to put out how careful I was trying to explain that the surgery went terribly without offending him and how badly it went. He went from a top surgeon to basically a small child. I'm just so happy I saw Dr. Kibblewhite, best choice of my life I can breathe and I look nicer!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I had seen Dr. Mintz years ago for sinus polyps. After surgery done by him, my quality of life was changed incredibly for the better. He was very kind, considerate and gentle. Over the past 6 or so years I became very stuffed up most of the time and lost my sense of smell and taste. Smell and taste are senses we tend to take for granted, without them life is very different. I had assumed that this was just a side effect of the polyps being removed, so never discussedd it....until last month when I went for a check for the possiblity of more polyps. I casually mentioned at the end of my appointment that I had not been able to smell or taste for several years, and Dr. Mintz looked at me and sincerely said, "I think I can fix that for you". Within 3 days of a very simple treatment, I can now smell and taste EVERYTHING. I cannot explain the sense of gratitude I have for Dr. Mintz and his care and the knowledge provided to me. I would highly recommend him for any ENT issues!! Thank you Dr. Mintz!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

If you're trying to decide whether to see Dr. Mintz, let me tell you right now, don't waste your time. I was first sent to him because of severe nosebleeds in 2002 and all he did was tell me my nose was crooked and sent me on my way. When the problem returned in 2010 with more severity, I was sent to him again by my family doctor. After waiting six weeks to see him, he seemed uninterested in listening to me and actually waved his hands at me in a hurry up motion when I was trying to explain what I'd been experiencing. I thought he was condescending and at one point I had the sensation that he was making fun of me. Again, did nothing for me but tell me to put Polysporin in my nose. I finally found help and a permanent solution with another ENT in Metrotown. Who, by the way, seemed to know who Dr. Mintz was and left me with the impression he had nothing but contempt for Dr. Mintz.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Mintz & his staff were Amazing ! They were very knowledgeable, helpful & caring, especially when I had to be late for my appointment. I truly appreciate thier understanding , his friendly & professional manner. I would highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

This guy did a nose job on me and botched me. For nose their are a lot better Dr.'s. I had to undergo another surgery by another Dr. To fix his mess.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I saw Dr. Mintz today regarding my deviated septum. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and spent the extra time to educate me on my area of concerns. The staff was very punctual and professional. I would definitely go back to see him again. Alex

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

This guy is so out of date and clueless about modern advances. He uses a 30-year old electrocautery turbinate reduction method that is barbaric, something from the cave man era. It causes 2 months of horrible pain and the treatment lasts 6-9 months, its well known to not work in the scientific community, well proven, and nobody the US will do the procedure now, EVER. That is no treatment! Glad I did some research after I had a useless sepolasty and 2 useless electrocautery procedures done by him over 4 years. Finally Dr. Amin Javer did a fantastic job had has cured me so far, with a much better procedure (Microdebreider) for 2 1/2 years at least. Also, Dr. Mintz stated that it is impossible that any of his treatments would cure my snoring, and suggested a different surgery to treat my snoring, by removing a bunch of my soft palette. It wasn't covered by bc health, would cost me around a grand but I was suspicious it would help. Another useless procedure I'm glad I totally avoided! Dr. Javer's procedure totally cured my snoring as well. Just run away from this outdated guy, it's time to retire.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I am surprised that he hasn't retired yet. I saw him for pain in my sinuses, ears and head that continued after a sinus infection that left me unable to work. That, combined with the severe dizziness, should have altered him to an inner ear injury - particularly as that is his 'specialty'. However, his report essentially writes me up as a hysterical female. Due to his report it took me many more months to get a proper diagnosis and treatment, not to mention the fight I had to get disability coverage. During the examination I felt patronized condescended to. Unless you have something easy to diagnose and are male (rather than an emotional female) I would recommend avoiding him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I cannot imagine how anyone could ask for more! I felt in extremely good hands with Dr. Mintz. He took time to explain various options to me, did not seem rushed and was very knowledgeable. I wish I could award MORE than five stars for him! (His staff were efficient & agreeable too.)

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I found Dr. Mintz to be a kind and considerate physician. I found him to be respectful, taking the time to explain what was doing and soothing my anxiety.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015