Ratings for Dr. Donald Mintz

Terrible front staff!! Very rude, have no compassion at ALL! Dr. Mintz is great, have seen him several times, and has always been pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Ok now I have seen this quack w times now with no success I have severe vertigo, I have ringing in my ears big time and it just gets worse and worse as I age my doctor is now gonna send me back to this idiot for a 3rd time now this doctor is horrible I am gonna see bout seeing a different doc as this guy knows fawkk all about what my issue is I think an MRI or a CT scan is in order

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

At first I was really excited to see Dr. Mintz for my long time sinus issues because I felt like I was finally going to get some answers and move forward in my healing process. I had suffered with sinus issues for over a year; with multiple sinus infections, loss of smell, extreme migraines and constant congestion. The first two visits were fine but my last visit left me furious, with more questions than I came in with. He labelled me "difficult" with no explanation when I told him the medicine he prescribed had little effect and basically shooed me out of his office. He explained that my CT scan came back with issues but didn't bother to explain to me what the issues are, instead he told me to "pick up your stuff" and motioned me to leave with another Doctor's address printed on a sticker. I was told in about 6 weeks another doctor will call me. Ridiculous and unprofessional! I left feeling like he just wanted to wipe my problem from his hands because his one method didn't work. He very much gave off the vibe that he thought I was just a hysterical female and I feel very disrespected. I still have no idea what the issues with my CT scan are and I am extremely unimpressed.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Went to see Dr Mitz for a sinus issue. He was so kind and patient explained everything he was going to do before he did it then later explained what certain things meant. His equipment is a bit outdated but hey it works. Dr. Mintz was very caring, and made me feel like I was in good hands. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I saw this doctor when I was 18 and and I am 26 now. He gave a a very much needed septoplasty but he ignored the signs that I had clearly caught an infection which deformed my nose a bit and also, carelessly left packing in my nose saying it was all out. I had to go to my family doctor (also named Dr. Mintz-except he was an amazing doctor) that day for him to take out tiny bits of packing and stitches. I tried to tell him how much worse my breathing had become and he was beyond offended and acted like I was insane and bothering him. I never went to the 1 year follow up because I never wanted to see him again in my life. I went and saw Dr. Kibblewhite who found that during this surgery a structure used to help me breathe had been caught sideways blocking off my right side almost completely. Dr. Kibblewhite also fixed how botched my nose looked too and I look like myself again and even better! He is such a great man and excellent surgeon and you should just see him instead. I just really want to put out how careful I was trying to explain that the surgery went terribly without offending him and how badly it went. He went from a top surgeon to basically a small child. I'm just so happy I saw Dr. Kibblewhite, best choice of my life I can breathe and I look nicer!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I had seen Dr. Mintz years ago for sinus polyps. After surgery done by him, my quality of life was changed incredibly for the better. He was very kind, considerate and gentle. Over the past 6 or so years I became very stuffed up most of the time and lost my sense of smell and taste. Smell and taste are senses we tend to take for granted, without them life is very different. I had assumed that this was just a side effect of the polyps being removed, so never discussedd it....until last month when I went for a check for the possiblity of more polyps. I casually mentioned at the end of my appointment that I had not been able to smell or taste for several years, and Dr. Mintz looked at me and sincerely said, "I think I can fix that for you". Within 3 days of a very simple treatment, I can now smell and taste EVERYTHING. I cannot explain the sense of gratitude I have for Dr. Mintz and his care and the knowledge provided to me. I would highly recommend him for any ENT issues!! Thank you Dr. Mintz!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

If you're trying to decide whether to see Dr. Mintz, let me tell you right now, don't waste your time. I was first sent to him because of severe nosebleeds in 2002 and all he did was tell me my nose was crooked and sent me on my way. When the problem returned in 2010 with more severity, I was sent to him again by my family doctor. After waiting six weeks to see him, he seemed uninterested in listening to me and actually waved his hands at me in a hurry up motion when I was trying to explain what I'd been experiencing. I thought he was condescending and at one point I had the sensation that he was making fun of me. Again, did nothing for me but tell me to put Polysporin in my nose. I finally found help and a permanent solution with another ENT in Metrotown. Who, by the way, seemed to know who Dr. Mintz was and left me with the impression he had nothing but contempt for Dr. Mintz.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Mintz & his staff were Amazing ! They were very knowledgeable, helpful & caring, especially when I had to be late for my appointment. I truly appreciate thier understanding , his friendly & professional manner. I would highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

This guy did a nose job on me and botched me. For nose their are a lot better Dr.'s. I had to undergo another surgery by another Dr. To fix his mess.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I saw Dr. Mintz today regarding my deviated septum. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and spent the extra time to educate me on my area of concerns. The staff was very punctual and professional. I would definitely go back to see him again. Alex

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016