Ratings for Dr. David J. Medford

Dr. Medford is a throwback to the days when doctors/surgeons were patient, thoughtful and empathic. I went to him for cataract surgery on both eyes. He was thorough, carefully explained the options and objectively presented the possible outcomes. The surgeries were painless, efficient, and quite successful (20/20 both eyes). I would highly recommend him to anyone contemplating eye surgery.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr Medford for many years, when it became obvious that I needed cataract surgery Dr Medford was very reassuring and answered all my questions which was very helpful since I was a bit nervous but knowing my eyes were in good hands made all the difference... My vision after the surgery has been amazing. As I told Dr Medford at one of my appointments I feel like I am now seeing in HD

flag | Submitted October 1, 2019

We are pleased with the recent surgery in both eyes and the clarity of sight and the beautiful colors we are now experiencing. Dr. Medford was very caring and concerned as was the staff at both his office and the surgery center.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

I went to Dr. Medford for cataract surgery and glaucoma treatment. My glaucoma is now under control, and after cataract surgery, my vision is far better than I expected. Dr. Medford was very informative and did a great job. He and his staff are very courteous.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2019

I had an outstanding experience with Dr. Medford and his staff. Knowing I needed cataract surgery, I was very hesitant in finding a new eye doctor. Dr. Medford came highly recommended to me and I wasn’t disappointed in choosing him as my eye doctor. Being an extremely anxious person, which Dr. Medford picked up on, I was immediately put at ease by him, as well as his staff. He’s professional, courteous and genuine cares for his patients. With successful cataract surgery in both eyes behind me, I can honestly say it was “a piece of cake” and would recommend it to anyone who is hesitant about the surgery. Dr. Medford and the staff at Ridgedale Surgery Center are top notch and I thank you for such a positive experience!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

I have been seeing Dr Medford for many years for my eye care. Due to recent symptoms, he suggested cataract surgery. Although I was very nervous, Dr Medford explained everything regarding the surgery in detail and I decided, without hesitation, to have it done. Now, post-surgery, I can see clearer and I am thrilled. Dr Medford is a skillful, caring physician and I would not hesitate to trust him with any eye issues that arise. Also, his staff is very efficient and friendly.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

I believe that Dr. medford saved my right eye when I had Shingles. He explained everything clearly and treated it aggressively. Very impressed and grateful.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2019

Amazing and caring service by Dr. Medford and his staff. I had two cataract surgeries done in January. So nice to have a doctor and staff that is interested in making sure every question is answered, and that your experience is a positive one.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I had cataract surgery with Dr. Medford in March and April of this year. The schedule was for an exam, then surgery on one eye, then a next day surgical follow-up exam, then a one week follow-up exam. Surgery on the second eye 4 weeks later had the same procedure. My surgery went exactly as predicted according to timing. The next day follow-up for the first eye, however, was handled by Dr. Hess as Dr. Medford had a family medical emergency. I was notified of the change (and why) and Dr. Hess handled it just fine. The staff at Dr. Medford’s office was extremely proficient and handled the prescription ordering and all the directions very well (you have to pit a lot of different drops in your eyes according to a schedule). They also returned phone calls to answer questions and helped with all the paperwork that the surgery center (Cedar Knolls) required. The operations went smoothly. Dr. Medford is the type that explains everything as he goes and tells you what’s next and how close to finished the procedure is. At age 75, I’ve had several surgical procedures where I’m awake and I greatly appreciate a doctor who talks you through it. My outcome was excellent: I have 20/20 in both eyes and, after 20+ years, no longer require reading glasses (Dr. Medford did say that no longer needing reading glasses is only a 1 in 5 event). I would highly recommend Dr. Medford, so highly that I am willing to answer these surveys which I usually ignore.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Medford forever 20 years and have found him to be fantastically knowledgeable in his field. He is courteous and takes all the time necessary to examine my eyes and explain if anything need to be done. His staff is also very professional .

flag | Submitted March 31, 2019

Dr. David J. Medford's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1984)

Private Pay