Ratings for Dr. David J. Medford

I knew by reputation that Dr. Medford was at the top of his field but throughout cataract surgeries he surpassed my expectations. He carefully explained the procedures and the recovery protocol and was very patient in answering questions. There was never a doubt that he was genuinely focused on achieving my goals. His staff was very professional , attentive and helpful. The entire experience was great and the results are fantastic.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

I needed cataract surgery on both eyes and I found Dr. David Medford through my health insurance and the excellent ratings he received. So happy with my results. After 40 years of wearing glasses i finally threw (donated) them away because I no longer need them. I am forever grateful for his skills and services. The office staff are just as great, true professionals.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

It may take ten stars to rate Dr. Medford's proficiency. I was apprehensive about cataract surgery, but he and his staff were as reassuring as they were effective. My vision is even better than expected, the only side-effects being gratitude and excitement at seeing clearly.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Dr. Medford saved my eyesight by sending me for an MRI of my brain based the results of my eye tests. A benign growth was timely discovered before permanent damage to my eyesight was done. Thanks to his thorough testing I had a great outcome.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

Dr. Medford has performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. The improvement in my eyesight is amazing. Dr. Medford is extremely patient and takes the time to thoroughly explain the details of what will happen on the day of your surgery. His staff is also very knowledgeable . I completely trust him to take the best care of my eyes and you should too!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

I chose Dr. Medford as my ophthalmologist and for my recent cataract surgery based on his long-standing reputation for excellence in his field. I highly recommend him not only for his knowledge and skill but also for his empathic engagement with his patients. Both he and his staff were generous and kind. Because I have prior retina issues, I was extremely and unnecessarily apprehensive before the surgery and during the healing process. Dr. Medford never dismissed my concerns. He addressed and assuaged every single one returning my calls even on the weekends. It feels magical now having the gift of 20/20 vision. Thank you Dr. Medford, you are a wonder. I am grateful to your supportive and competent staff and also to those who assisted at the Ridgedale Medical Center for making my experience a calm and comfortable one.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

Dr. Medford is very exacting. Just what I want in a physician who's going to be treating my eyes! He's not particularly social ;=), but he's focused on providing the best care.!!!! That's exactly what I want. I had monocular vision, where I could distance better with one eye and close-up with the other. I was able to keep that ability. I was having trouble with reading and night driving, and now can do both without glasses. I have a prescription that I may fill, because I love to read and sometimes my eyes get tired after a lot of reading. I'm extremely grateful for the improvement in my vision!!!! Night driving in rain and dark???--- it's okay now. I have started referring my friends to Dr. Medford.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

What a difference cataract surgery has made in the quality of my life Vision is so important and now I can see everything. I now only need glasses for reading and can even read the TV screen without them. Thank you Dr. Medford and staff. I highly recommend this surgery.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

I had cataract surgery with lens replacement and I can now see without glasses! It is miraculous for me because I was severely nearsighted. Dr. Medford clearly explained the procedure and I am so happy with the outcome. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. Dr. Medford and his staff were wonderful with explaining every step of the way. I left every visit with a complete understanding of what to expect prior to, during, and after surgery. I don't know why I waited so long to have it done! Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Dr. David J. Medford's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1984)

UnitedHealthcare