Ratings for Dr. David J. Medford

As a Doctor, I am aware and appreciative of Dr. Medford's skill and caring.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I know, it's your eyes. I was, like most people, very apprehensive about anybody poking around in my eyes. But my cataracts were starting to interfere with my day to day activities and I finally realized I had to do something about it. When I first saw Dr. Medford he immediately put me at ease. I admitted that I was very squeamish about my eyes, and his reply was "well, luckily, I'm not!" He went on to explain to me exactly what the procedure involved, and the benefits of the Femto laser (which I opted for). The results were more than I could have hoped for. The lens for one eye was for distance, and the lens for my second eye was for reading (tuned to about arms length). Now, for the most part, don't wear any glasses. I can do computer work, read the newspaper, my cell phone, etc. The exception is when I need to read very, very small print, at which point I can put on some glasses. Good news is that I don't need the glasses very often, but when I do, I can read print that I couldn't read with my glasses before! The only way to describe it is that it's "crystal clear". I'm so happy that I finally got the courage to get this done. After the procedure I realized it really was no big deal. I didn't feel anything during the procedure, and Dr. Medford and all the folks at the Ridgedale Surgery Center were caring, friendly, and made my short stay very comfortable. Dr. Medford's office staff were, likewise, friendly and easy to work with. Kelli, the surgical coordinator, was exceptional in helping me get a surgery date that would fit into my hectic schedule. I would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Medford to anybody who needs eye care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I am extremely pleased with my experience with Dr. Medford and his staff. I had my cataracts removed. Based on his recommendation, I chose the RESTOR multifocal IOL lens. It was the right decision for me. I can read and do needlepoint with clear vision, and my distance vision has improved greatly. Dr. Medford and his staff are friendly, professional, and put me at ease.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I've recently had both eyes operated on for removal of cataracts. I had a referral from my optometrist, but did not find positive reviews for that ophthalmologist. I searched for someone with better reviews and came upon Dr. Medford (Affiliated Eye Surgeons 95 Madison Ave, Ste 400 Morristown, NJ 07960). The wait time for the original examination was a couple of months, which indicates how much of this type of work his organization does. Once in, the actual appointments for the operations were very reasonable, and the waits at the office were prompt. The staff was courteous and very personable. Dr. Medford was great. He explained everything that was going to happen, and how the process worked; he really took all the time I needed and explained everything in layman's terms. The operations went smoothly and the results were exactly as described - in my terms, the results were life changing. For the first time since I was 12 years old (53 years ago) I could see distance without glasses! I do need reading glasses (needed bifocals before) and again, Dr. Medford's recommendation for transitional lenses worked out perfectly. Using the computer is better than ever, sight wise. I would recommend him to friends and relatives in a heartbeat (and I already have).

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Medford and his staff are wonderful. My cataract surgery went perfectly and with no pain or discomfort. He and his office staff are thoughtful, knowledgeable, and reassuring. Dr. Medford deserves my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr. Medford is a skilled surgeon and diagnostician. Dr. Medford did a wonderful job on my cataract surgery, and also helped me through a difficult medical situation - which had a great out come.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Medford did wonderful jobs on my Cataract surgeries recently. I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

It's been about a month since my cataract surgery and it’s wonderful to have the vision in my right eye back. I waited a while to submit a review just to be sure there were no complications and I’m happy to say there weren't. The operation went off without a hitch; I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was. Prior to the operation Dr. Medford took the time to explain the entire process and answer all of my questions. My post-operative visits were also informative and unhurried, and the staff at the Morristown office was courteous and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Medford to anyone requiring cataract surgery or eye care in general.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Because of Dr. Medford I can see so much better, Hooray!! Would definitely recommend him to others, nice and caring, he and his staff made me feel so comfortable during both my cataract surgeries, I thank you all so very much.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

I am the third family member to be a patient of Dr. Medford. All successful outcomes. My self-confidence has increased to a great extent after Dr. Medford performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Dr. Medford was excellent in answering my detailed questions about night time driving. I would highly recommend Dr. Medford.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. David J. Medford's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ