Ratings for Dr. Philip Townsend

He is punctual and his receptionist is very nice. But he is quite incompetent. He is very good for the common cold, no diagnostic skills. You could go for years without blood/urine test and when he tests it - he does not know what to do with it.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr Townsed and Marilyn are first rate! They always take time to listen and provide same-day appointments for those unexpected emergencies. If Dr. Townsend doesn't know the answer, he will refer you to a specialist. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I've been with Dr. Townsend for 13 years, him and Marilyn are both wonderful and caring, and I would trust no o ne else for my family.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Townsend since the early days of his practice in the 90's, he rocks. The very few low ratings here are by idiots, ignore them, who cares what they think.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I have been with Dr. Townsend for 25 years and now he cares for my whole family. We are very lucky. We can get same day appointments (ideal for young children) and he has never cancelled or missed an appointment. Marilyn is amazing - she handles all with a professional but friendly manner, and is helpful in getting input from Dr. Townsend when necessary. My husband used to see another doctor in town, and he cannot get over how great he is in comparison. If I am bringing in one of the kids and have a question about my health, he will answer it or recommend an appointment if it requires more time or an examination. When in doubt, he has always referred me to a specialist. Yes, the office is a little dated, but I would rather spend 5 minutes in that office than 2-3 hours waiting in a sterile clinic among sick patients. I think there is a reason so many people have been with him for so long.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Townsend is pleasant and likes to listen but that's about it... His diagnostic skills are poor and he doesn't followup. To make it worse - he has very little usage for specialized tests, as if we were in the 19th century. I think medicine may not be his strong interest. He is good if you see him for the common cold, but with something more serious - better go to the Walk In clinic.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

He is an excellent doctor and is very knowledgeable. He takes all issues seriously, is a great listener and will refer as required to get things checked out. I never have to wait in the waiting room. He looks after our whole family and I trust him fully to do what is right. I feel so lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Dr.Townsend is excellent. He is very knowledgeable and always reliable. He actually listens to his patients.He cares about the overall health of the patient and not just a specific complaint. My favourite attribute of Dr. Townsend is that he takes his time with patients who require it. His receptionist,Marilyn is always helpful and efficient.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

Dr Townsend listens and if he doesn't have the answer he says so and will refer you to another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

A doctor with the human touch. I found Dr T. very personable a good listener.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010