Ratings for Dr. William Kohlberg

Dr. Kohlberg found tumors in my bladder twenty years ago. He explained what I could expect in the way of treatment and has taken excellent care of me for these last twenty years. I am thrilled with his care and knowledge.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kohlberg. He truly is a wonderful doctor. He is professional, caring and knowledgeable. He is caring and not too busy to listen to me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. is very arrogant. Very fast and doesnt explain much. After pianful procedure was done I was shown the door and not told what to expect afterwards. Needed to research about it online and still skeptical if Im OK.. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I highlyn recommend Dr. Kohlberg. I had a great experience with Dr. Kohlberg. He really made me feel better after treatment. He was punctual and squeezed me in when I needed it. He is very nice and I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

I saw dr kohlberg a bunch of times to find out why I had frequency and pain. Though he tried to rule out issues, I feel he did not try enough medicines and became abrupt with me and wanted me out door. I was frustrated and had to find another uro which I did.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Doctor Kohlberg made the original diagnosis of my bladder cancer in 1986. He removed my bladder tumors and the recurring ones over a period of 2.5 years, during which he also administered my chemotherapy. He was always kind, courteous and very concerned for my well being through it all. He is very knowledgeable of the latest treatment options, and used a new treatment which ultimately cured me. I have just celebrated my 20 year anniversary of being cancer free as a result of his wonderful care! His staff went out of their way to handle all my insurance requirements, and kept my costs as low as possible. I can't say enough about the way I was treated from beginning to end through an extremely difficult and anxious period in my life. I feel I owe my life to Doctor Kohlberg, and will be forever grateful for his kindness and understanding, in addition to his high level of fantastic care. I highly recommend him and his staff. Thank you Doctor Kohlberg!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

My vasectomy was painless. The nurse was friendly and helpful. We talked before and during the procedure and that eased my anxiety. The doctor said I would have discomfort after, but I didn't. My followup appointments were quick and easy and I didn't have to go to the lab. The sample was looked at right in the office. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Doctor is very egocentric--not good for bedside manner. performed outpatient surgery--i feel he was a bit rough and tumble--caused pain/tightness during procedure that lasted several years. he was discussing ski trip he had just come back from to nurses while i was laid out on table. was unhelpful after i presented with pain, potential complications i was not made aware of. he told me to pop aleves twice a day.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Office was clean and the staff pleasant and helpful. Doctor was not very informative and rushed through the visit. I felt he was trying to move me in and out as quickly as possible. Did not get a good vibe and would not visit him again.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Dr walks in with a female Medical student and asked if she could stay. ( I should have been asked BEFORE He walked in with her. Dr spent less than 3 minutes with me. Made a diagnosis of condition but did not explain anything and out the door he went.I really couldnt tell how knowledgeable he was because he didnt say anything. Gave me the feeling he is more worried about malpratice than helping a patient. I now have to go to another urologist for help. I wouln never see this Dr again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

Dr. William Kohlberg's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

• BCBS Illinois