Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey K. Kachmann

Dr Kachmann caused an infection after my spine fusion and I almost died. He let pus drain out of me for 2 months before he even looked at my incision again

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Kachman was late by 3 hours for my appointment, and then told me I was too fat for him to take care of. Learn how to treat people

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

the worst experience ive ever had at a doctor was with Jeff

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I have to admit if it was not for him I would be dead. The Dr in Indy said my chiari's was only one centimeter down into my neck ( for those who know nothing about xhiari's malformation you are born with your skull tonsils and brain stem down in your neck). I saw the Dr in Indy July 31, 2015. Aug my b/p dropped to 42 /20 ( this was a Saturday and my b/p was only doing this when I stood up).mgh said it was not there responsibility to adjust my meds.. Later that day it did not matter laying sitting or standing my b/p would not go any higher so my boyfriend took me to his hometown hospital in Peru Indianaand that dDr could not believe I was even still alive. Needless to say I was transferred to ft Wayne Lutheran hospital were 4 specialist were waiting on me .it took six days to try to get me stable enough to have the decompress done but I was still at a high risk of dieing on the table but if I would not of had it I would diffently die.. Yes I have ran into some major complications ( first surgery was in August, second surgery for spinal fluid leak was in September, and the third surgery was in August for a very serious infection in the brain which most people die from.I had to go through 6 weeks of iv and oral antibiotics then I went through 3 months of a different antibiotic after that. I needed to have a shunt put in but due to the infection they were unable to do so at the time. So now he wants cardio Dr's to see if my unstable of blood pressure was due to infection or the chiari'safter my aantibiotics were done.which Isee the end of this month then aanother complication I ran into is I got a blood clot so that is making me wait even longer forthem to decide what to do because I have to stay on blood thinners until may. Ever time i call one of the Dr's to try to get someone to listen and give me some aadvise I just keep getting pushed off to another dr. This has been going on since November and i just don't know what to do and I'm so frustrated and feel helpless. If anyone has any suggestions please send me your input

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Hard to believe that a doctor with a great record would leave patients in pain for 3 + hours in a waiting room, then another hour waiting for the doctor, 4+ hours for a man to sit across the room and not even have a look see. Bed side manner is less than acceptable. If you wonder why some are pissed by the time you see them, Think about the 4 hours in pain, just waiting............

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

DONT GO TO THIS Dr. Very unprofessional and very long wait time actually waited 5hrs one visit another visit took about 2.5 hrs an was expecting to see the Dr. Only i got to see his practitioner instead! I guess my fusion c6c7 was a success BUT and i made sure to inform him b4 my surgery i had a tear c5c6 and was basically ignored now c5c6 has ruptured because of the extra sress from the fusion and i can either do another fusion or get disc replacement so great another surgery...I took new mri to him actually got to see him this time but he could not get one second of eye contact from him he did however bragg an boast that he is such a great surgeon an what he done was the problem at hand so let me get this strait you do one surgery and know ok he will need another one at some point an we can charge him again lol for another surgery But thats not all after he had his moment boasting he actually finally looked me in the eye an said well idk youre just UNLUCKY! POLITE RIGHT? WHATEVER!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Kachmann has preformed 2 back surgeries on my husband, his staff is great. The office can run very far behind on follow up visits. Because he is on call for emergency surgeries at Luthern Hospital. There is a sign in the office stating the long time wait is common. He is an excellent surgeon, performs the latest & most up today's surgeries!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I waited 4.5 hours to see him!!!! I was furious. Then he came in and spent less than 10 minutes with me and even though I was referred numerous times by different dr's, Dr. Kachmann told me to quit himhawing around and get back to work!! He never asked me any questions or anything! He is the most inconsiderate dr I have ever seen and by far the most unprofessional!!! I would NEVER go back to him nor recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I was there 15 minutes early as directed. Two and a half hours later, I was still in the waiting room waiting to be called. Needless to say, I left without being seen. Absolutely ridiculous and completely unprofessional. People expect to be seen on time or at least within a reasonable amount of time. Nobody has the time to wait around for hours on end to be seen.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Had 2 Cervical fusions...neither fused......going to Indy!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey K. Kachmann's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Commercial Insurance Company