Ratings for Dr. Ravi Chandra

Stay away from this guy!! He is incompetent as well as scalpel happy and monetarily driven. It's pretty obvious that when a surgeon takes your life in his hands, he should spend "adequate" time to evaluate, investigate alternatives, and finally set down and have a LENGTHY conversation with his patient.I believe it's called "bedside manner". I NEVER had more than a 3 minute discussion with this guy as he was always too rushed to be bothered it seemed (scheduling and paying for his flying lessons I presume?). After he operated and in my 3 week post-op stage, I saw him twice I think? . 2 months later (in hospital again due to complications, he wanted to cut me again)! In their words "in case we missed something"!!!!!! I don't think NOW, they were kidding. Too elaborate of a case to go into. His P/A's were the exception to the doctors' behavior. They were great and carried all of his water.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

He did unnecessary vein ablation which caused nerve damage because he is not professionally trained in doing so. He put stent on my wife's leg which did not fixed problem- pain remained. I will never recommend this doctor to even my enemy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Ravi Chandra is a good surgeon. I felt confident with him and his expertise. He answered my concerns and questions. He did my hernia repair to my abdomen wall. I am doing well after it.He did not misjudge where my hernia was or leave me with a big scar. I have seen someone who had the same surgery and that doctor misjudged the placement of the hernia and left her with terrible scar. However, I would recommend Mr. Chandra to anyone who needs surgery. I didn't like the wait time, but the office building was extremely clean.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

This "Doctor" walked out on my grandson's appendectomy because one of the nurses want ready.. what kind of care provider is this?

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

In 2006, Dr. Chandra removed an adenocarcinoma that resulted in Stage IV cancer. He saved my life!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Very poor bedside manners.Staff is weird.Mr.Chandra is a really talented and well trained doctor,but in my case,he did not care about my problem.It still shows.No interest after surgery complaints.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr, Chandra has been our Dr. since we moved to FL. We trust him with our Life. I can say that because Dr Chandra saved my life. He has all the answers we want, in case we aren't sure of something. He studies our Chart very seriously so he know's how important our Health is & alway's sure he is well aware how to treat us. We have & alway's will recommend him because we trust him extremely with our Health.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Chandra saved my mothers life, need anyone say more. I'd trust him and his team and feel I know them all personally just from how they have cared for me!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr. Chandra was extremely helpful to help me find solutions for my medical needs. He took a great deal of time on my appointments explaining everything in depth. Would see him again.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Chandra put in a stent for my husband that failed. This resulted in total loss of circulation in one leg, and therefore a trip to the emergency room. To fix the problem with the failed stent, Chandra put in a graft. That also failed. At our last visit with Chandra about the most recent failure, he would not see us, but put us off on his P.A. She found the circulation was only 20% of what it should be, and was very casual about it. She said, "These things happen." Apparently they didn't think 20% circulation was a problem, because they never scheduled another visit until we asked for our records. Then they tried to schedule one, but by then, we had found a competent doctor to fix what Chandra had done. However, because there had been long-term loss of circulation, my husband still has only 80% circulation in that leg, and permanent nerve damage in the foot. The second doctor would not comment on Chandra's work, except to say "I wouldn't have done it that way."

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Ravi Chandra's Credentials

• Gandhi Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1980)