Ratings for Dr. Elton T.C. Ngan

I saw Dr. Ngan approximately 4x a couple years ago, seeking treatment for anxiety/substance misuse. I disclosed two instances of sexual assault from my teens/early twenties. He later referred to these predators as my "boyfriends". I never went back to see him and this truly enforces why I will only seek help from female doctors in the future. I don't recommend any women or other survivors see this unastute, emotionally retarded, misogynist.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Gave inaccurate information about meds. Arrogant and condescending.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Dr. Ngan is working with our family to treat my brother's mental illness. He listens, treats our brother with respect and has been open to working with our family. So far so great.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

We met with Dr. Elton Ngan last Thursday, May 17, 1012 at the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction regarding our sister. Dr. Elton was the "first and only" Doctor in over 35 years to take the required time in order to provide an accurate diagnosis and offer the appropriate treatment. We as a family are most appreciative, grateful and thankful for his kindness, expertise, thoughtfulness and understanding toward our sister. May God continue to bless Dr. Elton Ngan in his work.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

First psychiatrist I have had who I really feel has my best interest first. Even though I was I brought to hospital against my will, I was treated with respect. HE help me accept that I needed help, when other doctors just told me what they thought needed.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009