Ratings for Dr. Jimmy D. McAdams

One of the most informed, caring doctors I have ever seen & I love his new staff

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I LOVE Dr. McAdams and have been with him for four years, but it seems like there is some mismanagement going on at his office. I switched pharmacies three times after refill problems and the office telling me the pharmacies weren't faxing them. Even after the final switch and the pharmacist insisting she'd sent it twice, my doctor's office was insistent. They double book in 15 minute blocks and they cancel you and charge you if you are 8 minutes late. It can take two or three months to get back in. And good luck getting them to call you back. It's a bad sign when you are in tears just trying to get an appointment with your psychiatrist. Absolutely ridiculous. Dr. McAdams is too good a doctor to have his practice mismanaged at Laureate. I am still trying to decide if it's worth it to stay because I love the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

I've never had him as my psychiatrist. He does share the same staff as my psychiatrist. So I don't know about his punctuality. He performed a total of 8 ECT treatments. I am ambivalent as to his or the ECT's helpfulness. He does seem to be knowledgeable. Although he didn't seem to take things more more serious than they deserved. And somewhere during my memory loss I told him off (or so my husband tells me).

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Staff will not return phone calls. Dr McAdams doesn't really listen to me. I switched doctors finally.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

I love Dr. McAdams, I have been going to him for 3 years and love his staff also. He is an excellent doctor, and I would definetly recommend him to any of my family/friends. I never have to wait a long time for them to call me back with answers to my questions, they are so friendly, and so willing to help with whatever they can! Dr. McAdams knows that he is talking about, and will take his time to explain anything that you do not understand.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

It took staff a week or more to call me back with any questions I had. My appointment was canceled last minute several times and the staff would call my home voice mail and leave a message even though I told them several times not to call that number. When I mentioned my concerns to the doctor, he acted as if I was over reacting or would laugh it off.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

Dr. Jimmy D. McAdams's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1986)