Ratings for Dr. John W. Canady

Great guy great surgeon. My child loves him. Would recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Decent, compassionate Dr. He has been treating our daughter for eleven years and we have immense trust in him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Arrogant. Rude. Nasty. And these are the nice words I can say about him. Fat surgeon who runs his department under a cloke of retribution and fear. The U of I Hospitals and Clinic higher ups allow this attitude and seemingly encourage it as they do nothing when confronted with concerns. Blames parents when patient's surgery is unsuccesful. Makes ridiculous, unfounded statements against patients. Not nice.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

Shouted at our 9 year old daughter while she was laying in a hospital bed under the influence of morphine recovering from surgery until she cried. When we complained to the hospital patient representatives he dropped her as a patient and refused to see her for the follow up care from the surgery. He performed a surgery on our daughter and informed us immediately afterward that he shouldn't have gone ahead with it because of the condition of the tissue he was working with. He has a 50% success rate with surgery performed on our daughter - 2 of 4.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. Canady is an excellent plastic surgeon. I have been so happy with the work he has done for me in the past that I now drive from Denver to see him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Dr. John W. Canady's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)