Ratings for Dr. William T. Bates

I went to Dr. Bates and told him I had a thyroid disorder. I went in for blood work and he didn't even order the correct panel. Will not be back.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

My family loves Dr. Bates. We followed him to Cleveland when he moved his practice from Spring City. I have recommended him to many people. Very knowledgeable. A couple of specialists have given me the same diagnosis as Dr. Bates. His office staff isn't great, but I am willing to deal with less than great staff in order for my entire family to be his patients.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Very professional. Good follow up. Caring, dedicated to my care. With not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Knows his stuff, friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

I felt that he was rude and had a horrible bedside manner. I took my daughter to him for a check up and he had several different tests done on her. The tests he had run on her, I felt they were not needed. I know I am responsible for what I put in this, but I wouldn't send anyone to him. I decided before I left the building that we would not be back.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

I found this doctor in the yellow pages, saw him a few times and found this doctor to be in my opinion! Be very arrogant and self-centered ordering test and referring me to other MD’s for treatment when he didn’t know me. “No bedside manor” Couldn’t look me in the eye to busy typing info into his laptop computer. Wanted me to sign a paper I was unable to read with glasses “Small Print” for a mild tranquilizer I have been on for 23yrs “Xanas 1mg” After he had already gave me a script for three refills before he did this signing thing. I would not recommend this OD to anyone with his “Ego” I felt he displayed to my wife and me. Again! This is my opinion and what happened to me. He proved to me that he runs a referral service for other doctors. Again this was my experience with O.D William T Bates 111... The 3rd

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

Takes time with patients and is very thorough and personable. Was recommended to me and I will continue to recommend him to others. His office staff is friendly as well. They know their patients by name and not by their "chart number."

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007