Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Karl

After some bad experiences with other Las Vegas doctors, finding Dr. Karl has been a lifesaver. Waiting 30 minutes to an hour in a waiting room just to be rushed in and out with the doctor in 5 minutes, being handed prescription after prescription without a real diagnosis, being treated like a number...all that was not working for me anymore. Dr. Karl (and his nurse) treat you with respect and as a person, not a number. He takes his time, doesn't rush to diagnose or to prescription pushing and is incredibly knowledgeable and up to date. He is both my primary care and pain management (back problems) doctor, and while I just moved out of the Las Vegas area, I still return for my doctor's visits. After struggling with back pain and other doctors pushing muscle relaxers and pain pills on me like crazy, Dr. Karl has been able to remedy the problem *without* any of those measures. He is patient and truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

extremely arrogant, not at all helpful, does not care about the patient's true health problems. Gave an asthma patient three of the most deadly long acting beta agonists (LABA's ). labels on the 3 packages state " people with asthma who take LABA medicines.....have an increased risk of death ", patient was rushed to the hospital by ambulance

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

I have had a two level fusion in may back and neck. Dr Karl would do the same adjustments no matter what. I came in with sever pain in my back and shooting down my legs and buttocks. Dr. Karl yelled at me because I did not want an adjustment. I asked for an MRI to find out what the problem was. He refused to help me get an MRI. It was later found that I had two large cysts crushing the spinal cord and had I been adjusted it could have led to worse things. He did not want to listen to me about what my problem was and just wanted to do his same adjustments he does to everyone no matter what the problem is.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Dr. forced my adjustment, and my spine has hurt much worse than it did when I came in.........will never go back there.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Something seems shady with the way the bill claims...if you use them which your claims online. Also not fond of the Medical Asst Brenda in the back she is nice one day and evil the next? Seems bipolar....Research as well at the Nevada State medical examiners website he recently closed a malpractice suit May 2010

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

I have to agree with the former comment, if you can pass the nurse, who thinks she is the doctor, and the secretary. You will meet the good doctor. If you choose to find another doctor, make sure you get a copy of your record before you let them know. Otherwise, they won't forward your record to the new doctor, or want to charge you 55 cents per copy! I wonder if the doctor is aware that he is losing his patients due to his staff!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

Assistant always looks like she is overwhelmed. Can't seem to just be pleasant and handle her job as required. Don't like having to commit to what you will be asking him for. Saw him for pain problems and then for other issue's that required blood work and meds. Receptionist and his nurse/assistant made it very clear that only one issue could be addressed at appointment. Receptionist was apparently having a bad day and was very rude. I no longer go to him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

If you can get passed the incredibley rude nurse who thinks she's the doctor you'll find the real doc pretty good. I changed doc's after she blocked me from prescriptions and seeing the real doc. She is a jobsworth and won't help out any more than minimum, she has the poor receptionist scared stiff to do what ever she tells her to do. Do not visit this women.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

This doctor was very helpful and his treatments were beneficial. However, his office staff tried to "rip us off" by making us pay our ENTIRE insurance deductible up front before he would see us--just for a general visit. We did get most of it back, but it took several calls to our insurance company and multiple calls to his staff before they would give us the refund.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr Karl is a very caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable doctor. He really wants to help and wants you to understand. His office manager has implemented policies that make it difficult to be a patient there. You must state the ailment when making appointment and then you must discuss only that ailment. For example, my elderly mother needs prescriptions written. Some are general health and some are pain management. She cannot make one appt to get the new scripts written. She must make two - one for blood pressure and general meds, and one for pain management meds. She often ends up going to see him several times a month for regular checkups or to get scripts. He will not write scripts for more than 3 months at a time. He is very helpful and can do chiropractic adjustments.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2007

Dr. Gary A. Karl's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathy (Grad. 1978)