Ratings for Dr. Jennifer A. Denning

I've been seeing Dr. Denning for many years now & she has guided be through numerous medical challenges. I highly value and trust her input. She is always extremely caring and patient. I regularly refer friends and family and we all love her.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I could only get an appt with Dr Denning. My husband and I tried for 6 years to get pregnant and after a round of IVF we were preg. I was looking for an OB to monitor me closely. At first she was great and I loved the straight to the point attitude. I wanted someone who could take charge and make decesions. My opinion changed when I began spotting & came in for an u/s and appt. The baby and my cervix was fine and she said it's normal and to take it easy. Knowing what I know now, she should have at least checked my progesterone w/ spotting. I cont.to have spotting for 3w on and off and the office cont.to say there was nothing to do and to come in at my next appt. At what would be my final appt we discovered the baby had passed two weeks prior. I was devestated and when I questioned the progesterone she said "Well next time we will check it" Excuse me, next time? Do you know what I went through to even get to this point? After my loss I was no longer her concern and she brushed me off.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I came to Dr. Denning through two referrals from friends who like her. The front staff was very polite, but I hadn't been for a visit in several years due to the loss of a child. She was very cold hearted with pursed lips. Uncaring. Her assistant burst in after I was already on the table and not ready and I was embarrassed and she rolled her eyes and was like "This is my assistant!" Due to my size I couldn't get in the position she was wanting and she didn't like that either. She looked disgusted at me. Her big talk with me was "if there is something wrong I'll call you, if there isn't you will get something in the mail" and she walked out. I guess if you have no problems and just need a quick pap she is great, but if you have a problem then don't bother. She took no bloodwork or anything.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

WORST Doctor I have ever met!!! Went in for some concerns about a specific issue. All she wanted was to do a pap so she could get $. Absolutely ZERO concern about what I went in for. First visit either didn't read my forms or didn't care about my concern. I brought it up and she dismissed it. Very unfriendly and snobby. HORRIBLE!!!! Don't see how she's still in business.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I really wish I would have read this before I made an appointment with her. She was 40 minutes late, the staff doesn't communicate with you at all, she was a little on the condescending side to the point where I almost felt it necessary to tell her I have just as many degrees as she does so she should stop the high and mighty act. The nurse that took my blood was HORRIBLE and RUDE! I will never go back!!! AVOID * AVOID * AVOID!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

I am having my second child so I feel like I know the ropes when it comes to doctoring. I picked Dr. Denning because she was with Nortlake OBGYN and I hoped she would be as great at Dr. Garner. NO LUCK! She is rude, rushed and doesn't care at all. She has terrible bedside manor and will only answer yes and no to your questions. She is the hardest person to talk to and looks at you as though you are a moron when you ask a question she may find to be stpuid. Which is all of them! I do not recommend her at all. BUT, I do recommend Dr. Garrett Garner from Northlake or Dr. Harn. They are the most energetic, upbeat, personable doctors I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Denning for the past 6 months and have had a very positive experience overall. She does tend to be very direct and to the point, qualities that I have appreciated, but that may be interpreted as a bit stand-offish. Dr. Denning is very good about personalizing the information presented during appointments, she does not bring in ancillary and unrelated information, if the patient is interested in additional information she is happy to provide it upon request. She has answered all of my questions both thoroughly and accurately. She is EXCELLENT at returning phone calls, I have called several times about minor issues, and she has returned my calls and taken the time to discuss the issue with me. Exams are very quick but she is very happy to speak with the patient both before and after the appointment for as long as is needed. Overall, I would highly recommend Dr. Denning- she is polite, efficient, and very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

We went to her since we got an appt quickly. Her card says she is an infertility specialist. Unfortunately we later found out she has no clue about infertility, nor does she answer or explain anything related to regular obgyn issues. She would prescribe things without explaining why and keep saying it was 'as per our discussion'- even though she had never talked about it. If I asked a question, I was made to feel like a huge inconvenience. She tends to be very abrupt. However bedside manner is usually not a factor for us if the doctor is good, but her incompetency was incredible. None of the necessary bloodwork was done, all of my symptoms were ignored. All she checked was my FSH, ONCE. She did not check anything else at all. When I switched to a doctor out of that practise, I found out the bloodwork they were required to do that wasn't done. Apparently my progesterone is too low and my TSH was so high that I would not have become pregnant or would have miscarried if I had. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

I am pregnant with my fourth. With this pregnancy I am taking necessary medications. This doctor showed no concern and was quick to get me out of her office. It may have been that she was trying to minimize my concerns, but what she did was make me feel stupid and my concerns irrelevant. I switched doctors in my first trimester. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr.Denning is very knowledgeable & answers your issues very patiently. She is calm & does not over work you about your symptoms as some of the doctors seem to do. Especially with pregnancy, women are often stressed about everything, but Dr.Denning always maintains a calm composure which makes you feel like what you are going through is ok... all I am trying to say is that she does not add to your stress levels!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. Jennifer A. Denning's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2003)