Ratings for Dr. Vivek S. Gill

Dr.Gill allows his receptionist to make medical decisions for patients. If the receptionist decides she doesn't like a patient she will "forget" to give the doctor information about refilling a prescription or getting records to the doctor. Since when is a receptionist allowed to make medical decisions? This could only happen at Dr. Gills.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Gills's staff is rude, and unprofessional, aside from one sweet young lady. I wish I knew her name, so I could praise her. Dr. Gill does not listen. The office is clean. I have been with Dr. Gill for a few years and liked him early on, but he has dropped the ball. He is now impatient, does not honor office hours, and his staff does not call to notify the patient regarding appointment cancellations. I have arrived for appointments just to find the office closed on a couple occasions. He has divulged my private information to my husband. Very unprofessional. I would like to know what is going on with my health before it is shared with anybody else. More than a few times, my paperwork has been lost. I have called membership to find out if my referrals were submitted, just to find out that they were never submitted by the staff, and this was over a few weeks later. I have been accused of not coming in to sign the release form so the ER could send over my results, when I know that I did it a couple times. Dr. Gill is indeed knowledgeable, however it is difficult to see because he has poor communication skills and has a habit of telling the patient to be quiet or that they talked enough. My husband works hard for our coverage, if disliking the practices of Dr. Gill and his staff makes me a "low class patient", then so be it. Doctors are not perfect, but this facility should not be in operation if it is too difficult to be courteous, prompt with referrals, and have basic communication skills. At least if the staff would apologize when they make the mistake of misplacing information instead of accusing me of never coming in, then it would be easier to swallow. After all, their service is not free.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr Gill is very knowledgable and one of the few doctors who accept cash. If you look at the reviews you will see that he takes alot of low class patients who dont take responsibilty for their own health and leave bad reviews. Shame on them. They dont like any doctors. They ought to be thankful we have Dr Gill.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Doctor Gills' office staff really make him look bad. They lie, fake lab reports and they are just rude, unless you are a paying customer, even then they don't do the work that they are supposed to. They are so lazy and that fat lady at the front desk is so repulsive.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I have been seeing Doctor Gill for years. My health has deteriorated because of the medication he prescribed. Doctor Gill could be in serious trouble if I were to decide to file a complaint against him with medicare.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

The worst doctor I've ever been to. I was told when I went he doesn't call after lab tests unless something is abnormal. I had a culture and blood tests for symptoms I've been experiencing. No call back but still have symptoms so I called and left messages three times. I finally went in the office and got my lab results, but there were no results from the culture, like he never did it. I was told by the receptionist that I didn't get a call because there was nothing wrong. However, the results indicate I have high cholesterol. Besides that I never heard of a doctor's office that doesn't let you know about your lab results- positive or negative. I definitely don't recommend Dr. Gill and won't go back. He needs some competition and we need a competent doctor here in Phelan.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

My daughter just got Dr Gill and he is wonderful he is pen pointing problems in a short time that other doctors have been trying to figure out in 5 months so Thank you

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Gill is thourgh with information, will keep you on the right track with meds, and quickly diagnose your condition accurately. He has saved me from having to take tests over the years, bythe same token he has promptly sent me to specialist s when needed and saved a family members life by acting promptly. Sometimes the wait is long,but what good doctor does not have a long wait? We are fortunate to have him in this community.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

If you look at the dates on comments you can see... He once was a great Dr, was mine since 1998. Him and his staff have gone totally downhill. He seriously misdiognosed me, now hearring from others of really poor treatment and many life threatening an deaths do to his treatments or lack of. I don,t know what has caused the change in him, it does,nt matter. If you need health care do not go to him !!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I am with the last two. I had a lot of symptoms that I was trying to convey to Dr. Gill, he basically told me to same thing. Was I going to shut up so he could talk. I know he is busy. But then he needs to cut down on his patients. The staff is some times helpful. I 've sat there for hours with an appointment. Luckily TG I don;t need a doctor that often. I find if it is not too serious I head for Meridian Urgent Care by Target. They accept Medi-Cal. In the mean time I've started looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Vivek S. Gill's Credentials

• Dayanand Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (Grad. 1988)

Ameritas