You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert J. Zehr

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's Ratings

Excellent care, staff was friendly and very informative and punctual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2015

I had a Total Hip Replacement performed by Dr. Zehr and his team. I have been lipping around for more than 2 years and Dr. Zehr was able to get me back to a normal life in 6 weeks. My physical therapist says it the back Dr. Zehr Anterior approach and his skill makes their job easier with great success.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901158].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Normal is a wonderful thing! We're very pleased with your recovery and thank you very much for your recommendation.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

Three months ago I had my second anterior hip replacement with Dr. Zehr. It seemed more successful than the first he did two years ago as I only stayed in the hospital overnight, got rid of the cane a day later and the walker was put away within a few more days. His advice (in the well written manual given to all patients their first visit) also works: "walk walk walk, PT and get off the pain medicine as soon a possible": I started walking the first day in the hospital through many corridors and got rid of the meds the following day--had a great therapist (Dr. Micheal Kris). I returned to road biking within a couple weeks but waited to drive the golf ball at least six to seven weeks which probably was not necessary as twisting was not a problem. Thank you, Dr. Zehr: you and your staff are the very best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
You are quite welcome! And thank you for the kind recommendation. We should note that your successful outcome was also due in large part to the hard work you put in with your PT. But we also want readers to know that this kind of success is enjoyed by most of our patients!

Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

Dr. Zehr is the doctor's doctor for total hip and knee replacements. I had excellent results from my total knee procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are thrilled to hear of your excellent results! So much depends on the effort the patient puts into rehab, so our congratulations to you for an outstanding job!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

This hip replacement, being my second, far exceeds my first . The first hip replacement, NOT, performed by Dr. Zehr, was more painful and took longer to heal. ( posterior ) I would highly reccomend Dr. Zehr and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
This is why we advocate using the anterior approach to total hip replacement - it is so much better for the patient! You can read about all of the benefits here: http://zehrcenter.com/practice/total-hip-replacement.
Thank you for your favorable rating, and we are so glad to have exceeded your expectations!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

A positive experience from the first phone call through the scheduled appointment. The staff is outstanding and the doctor is very impressive. He was attentive, answered every question completely and made sure it was understood. What could have been stressful was not in the least. Yes, Dr. Zehr and his staff definitely rate five stars.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2882436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thank you for your top notch rating, we are so glad to hear that the ZCO answered all of your questions and made you feel very comfortable approaching your surgery. Congratulations on your successful outcome!

Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

At my age 89 Dr Zehr did a new right knee for me. Needless to say I was somewhat afraid because of my age and health. I had utmost confidence in Dr. Zehr and the resulting surgery and therapy did the positive trick for me with positive results.His positive Surgical skills and follow through are top drawer. And at my age 96 we enjoy seeing him annually. My new knee is perfect. Thanks, Dr Zehr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We enjoy seeing you too! Congratulations on a successful outcome - you did a great deal of work to achieve it!

Submitted April 30, 2015

Friendly, courteous staff. Well organized office that was respectful of my time

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2784056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Very efficient staff. They put me back in the action!! Excellent service, medical attention and staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2775200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thanks so very much. We are thrilled to hear you are back in action!

Submitted April 15, 2015

My wife & I walked a distance of 2 miles daily. A few years ago I began developing a problem with my right hip, which over a period of time began limiting my activities around the house, and in particular restricting our daily walking routine. Approaching the age of 84 I was very reluctant in having to endure any type of operations being performed on myself. I discussed my problem with many friends and family members, some of whom experienced hip replacements of their own, and in spite of some complications they reported, I nevertheless pondered whether I should chance an operation or not. Fortunately in todays time we are blessed with the age of computers. I took it upon myself to research as much information as possible on the computer about hip replacement methods, and was fortunate enough to find some sites showing hip operation videos. I discovered there were two types of operation, anterior and posterior, both of which were somewhat appalling to some of my family members when viewing the videos. During this time I was also under surveillance by the VA clinic here in Ft. Myers and soliciting their thoughts on having an operation or not.

As my walking abilities deteriorated, I finally made a decision to having an operation performed, and preferably the anterior approach method. The VA had already informed me that should I decide upon having an operation performed that the most important aspect would be that of finding a good reliable and experienced doctor for doing the operation. I then proceeded in researching the various doctors and clinics in the Ft. Myers area. Although I found very few doctors in this area performing the anterior approach, I then began researching my summer retreat area of Washington State. After researching all the doctors and clinics available to me and reading the many reviews both positive and negative concerning them, I discovered that Dr. Robert Zehr stood out head and shoulder above all others, and finally decided upon contacting him for the operation.

From the very beginning to the final end I experienced nothing but the greatest of care and concern from everyone throughout from the initial visit, to and through the operation, as well as the post operative care. I am happy to report that as of today, almost a year since my operation on 30 April 2014, I am able to walk and do any and all activities without restrictions of any kind. The one and only after effects I have experienced since the operation is a slight numbness and tingling sensation when touched with my hand in the thigh area just above my right knee. This possibility had been pointed out to me and discussed in detail by Dr. Zehr on my initial visit.

Finally, Dr. Zehr, thank you and your staff very much for making me whole once again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2766214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
You are most welcome! We are grateful to all of our patients who take the time to write reviews about their experience. It helps so many other people make critical decisions regarding surgery, as it did you. Congratulations on your great outcome - we know you played a large part in your own success by doing the physical therapy afterward.

Submitted April 15, 2015