You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Zehr

Outstanding outcome. Couldn't rate Dr Zehr higher!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I came from my home in Panama to be treated by Dr. Zehr and his wonderful staff. He replaced my left hip this time, again with minimal pain and fast recovery. His successful replacement of my right hip 5 years ago proved to me he knew his stuff. I recommend him and his staff with highest praise.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
You enjoyed two of the main benefits of direct anterior approach hip replacement - minimal pain and faster recovery. We're so glad you had a safe journey home!

Submitted November 19, 2015

I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Zehr's "anterior approach" worked well for me, resulting in little post-op discomfort and a fast recovery. Also, the well organized management of the recovery process by his team was excellent. Thanks to Dr. Zehr's expertise and his team I now can walk and exercise pain-free.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We're so glad to hear you are "pain-free"! Thank you for extending your kudos to our entire team - because it IS a team effort!

Submitted November 16, 2015

Excellent care, staff was friendly and very informative and punctual.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thank you! We strive to stay on schedule, giving each patient the time and care they deserve.

Submitted September 17, 2015

I had a Total Hip Replacement performed by Dr. Zehr and his team. I have been lipping around for more than 2 years and Dr. Zehr was able to get me back to a normal life in 6 weeks. My physical therapist says it the back Dr. Zehr Anterior approach and his skill makes their job easier with great success.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Normal is a wonderful thing! We're very pleased with your recovery and thank you very much for your recommendation.

Submitted August 25, 2015

Three months ago I had my second anterior hip replacement with Dr. Zehr. It seemed more successful than the first he did two years ago as I only stayed in the hospital overnight, got rid of the cane a day later and the walker was put away within a few more days. His advice (in the well written manual given to all patients their first visit) also works: "walk walk walk, PT and get off the pain medicine as soon a possible": I started walking the first day in the hospital through many corridors and got rid of the meds the following day--had a great therapist (Dr. Micheal Kris). I returned to road biking within a couple weeks but waited to drive the golf ball at least six to seven weeks which probably was not necessary as twisting was not a problem. Thank you, Dr. Zehr: you and your staff are the very best!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
You are quite welcome! And thank you for the kind recommendation. We should note that your successful outcome was also due in large part to the hard work you put in with your PT. But we also want readers to know that this kind of success is enjoyed by most of our patients!

Submitted August 25, 2015

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We are thrilled to hear of your excellent results! So much depends on the effort the patient puts into rehab, so our congratulations to you for an outstanding job!

Submitted August 4, 2015

This hip replacement, being my second, far exceeds my first . The first hip replacement, NOT, performed by Dr. Zehr, was more painful and took longer to heal. ( posterior ) I would highly reccomend Dr. Zehr and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
This is why we advocate using the anterior approach to total hip replacement - it is so much better for the patient! You can read about all of the benefits here: http://zehrcenter.com/practice/total-hip-replacement. Thank you for your favorable rating, and we are so glad to have exceeded your expectations!

Submitted August 4, 2015

A positive experience from the first phone call through the scheduled appointment. The staff is outstanding and the doctor is very impressive. He was attentive, answered every question completely and made sure it was understood. What could have been stressful was not in the least. Yes, Dr. Zehr and his staff definitely rate five stars.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
Thank you for your top notch rating, we are so glad to hear that the ZCO answered all of your questions and made you feel very comfortable approaching your surgery. Congratulations on your successful outcome!

Submitted August 4, 2015

At my age 89 Dr Zehr did a new right knee for me. Needless to say I was somewhat afraid because of my age and health. I had utmost confidence in Dr. Zehr and the resulting surgery and therapy did the positive trick for me with positive results.His positive Surgical skills and follow through are top drawer. And at my age 96 we enjoy seeing him annually. My new knee is perfect. Thanks, Dr Zehr.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's response
We enjoy seeing you too! Congratulations on a successful outcome - you did a great deal of work to achieve it!

Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr. Robert J. Zehr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Robert J. Zehr, MD is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon and the founder of The Zehr Center for Orthopaedics, a private orthopaedic surgery practice located in Naples, FL. Specifically he specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery, complex revision joint surgery, knee arthroscopy and skeletal tumor and trauma reconstruction. Dr. Zehr has over 25 years of orthopaedic experience in complex skeletal and joint reconstruction and rehabilitation. Prior to being sent to southwest Florida in 1998 to help develop the Cleveland Clinic Naples, Dr. Zehr was the Head of Orthopaedic Oncology for The Cleveland Clinic Foundation where he came on staff after a prestigious fellowship in orthopaedic oncology at the University of Florida and his residency training at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Further career success was achieved while an attending physician at the Cleveland Clinic Naples, where Dr. Zehr distinguished himself as its Executive Director, Chief of Staff and Head of Orthopaedic Surgery while maintaining a full and thriving surgical practice. Dr. Zehr began his new venture into solo orthopaedic practice in late 2007. Although it is extremely important to know where your surgeon trained and his years of experience, it is perhaps more important to know what his peers and patients think of him. By virtue of the many awards and honors of recognition that have been bestowed upon Dr. Zehr consistently through the years, you can be confident that the many patients who have gone before you are extremely satisfied with their care. In addition, most of these accolades are achieved through peer nomination where the many physicians who have selected Dr. Zehr for these awards were asked "to whom would they send their own family?" In the tradition of superior care, Robert J. Zehr, MD was recognized by one of the most distinguished physician rating services in the country, "Best Doctors, Inc." to be included in the Best Doctors in America 2014-2015 database. This annual list is compiled from surveys of physicians asking them who they would go to for treatment in their specialty. Only those who earn the consensus support of their peers are included. For this reason, inclusion in the Best Doctors in America database is a remarkable honor. Dr. Zehr has been recognized nationally by Castle-Connolly Medical, Ltd-- publishers of "America's Top Doctors" as one of the top treating orthopaedic surgeons in Southwest Florida from 2004-2015. He has also been rated nationally as one of "America's Top Orthopedists" for the years 2002-2015 by Consumer's Research Council of America, a Washington, D.C. based research organization. Locally, in the Southwest Florida community Dr. Zehr has been honored as one of only a select few orthopaedic surgeons to be awarded the Gulf Shore Life Magazine's "Top Doctors" distinction for the years 2004-2015. Gulfshore Life magazine partners with Castle Connolly Medical in New York to develop a list of only the top-tier doctors in each specialty, that is, those physicians most highly recommended in Collier, Lee and Charlotte counties each year. His extensive experience as leader, researcher and surgeon keeps Dr. Zehr in high demand as a speaker locally, nationally and internationally. He has spoken, operated or taught in Germany, Italy, Canada and Great Britain. He has written extensively on skeletal reconstruction, but enjoys educating individual patients on their specific orthopaedic problems. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, a member in good standing in the Florida Orthopaedic Society, the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society, the Florida Medical Society and the Collier County Medical Society.

• English

• St. Louis University (Grad. 1985)

• "Best Doctors in America" 2015
  • Castle-Connolly's "America's Top Doctors" 2004 - 2015
  • Consumer's Research Council of America "America's Top Orthopedists" 2002 - 2015
  • GulfShore Life Magazine's "Top Docs" 2004 - 2015

First Health
Great West
HealthPartners
Healthsmart
Interplan Health Group
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding outcome. Couldn't rate Dr Zehr higher!"

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came from my home in Panama to be treated by Dr. Zehr and his wonderful staff. He replaced my left hip this time, again with minimal pain and fast recovery. H..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a total hip replacement. Dr. Zehr's "anterior approach" worked well for me, resulting in little post-op discomfort and a fast recovery. Also, the well org..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is no Dr. Richard Zehr, this is an erroneous, unclaimed profile. Please see Dr. Robert J. Zehr's verified profile for ratings and information on the #1 or..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This profile is unclaimed. Please see Dr. Robert J. Zehr's verified account for his profile and ratings, #1 in Naples!"

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent care, staff was friendly and very informative and punctual."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a Total Hip Replacement performed by Dr. Zehr and his team. I have been lipping around for more than 2 years and Dr. Zehr was able to get me back to a nor..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Three months ago I had my second anterior hip replacement with Dr. Zehr. It seemed more successful than the first he did two years ago as I only stayed in the ..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zehr is the doctor's doctor for total hip and knee replacements. I had excellent results from my total knee procedure."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This hip replacement, being my second, far exceeds my first . The first hip replacement, NOT, performed by Dr. Zehr, was more painful and took longer to heal. (..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A positive experience from the first phone call through the scheduled appointment. The staff is outstanding and the doctor is very impressive. He was attentiv..."

July 31, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.zehrcenter.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "34101" to "34119". Address has been updated from "None" to "2659 Professional Circle". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12395960100".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At my age 89 Dr Zehr did a new right knee for me. Needless to say I was somewhat afraid because of my age and health. I had utmost confidence in Dr. Zehr and t..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Friendly, courteous staff. Well organized office that was respectful of my time"

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very efficient staff. They put me back in the action!! Excellent service, medical attention and staff."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife & I walked a distance of 2 miles daily. A few years ago I began developing a problem with my right hip, which over a period of time began limiting my a..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zehr has replaced 2 knees for me -- the first 8 years ago, and the second 7 weeks ago. He is a first-class surgeon, and his staff is extremely knowledgeab..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zehr is top notched with this hip surgery. The procedure was done in a day, and I was home the following day. Take his recommendation, if the hip need rep..."

March 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The only addition I would add to his WONDERFUL guide book is the caution to raise your legs above the heart post surgically to reduce swelling. Once I did that,..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cant say enough about how GREAT the staff, facilities, processes and Doctor Zehr all worked together to replace both of my hips over a 3 month period. Everyo..."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Dr. Zehr and his staff an 11. As a result of their skill, professionalism and care, I am pain-free and able to be fully activ..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If my left hip ever needs to be replaced I would absolutely go to Doctor Zehr. He and his staff make it almost easy to correct what was a very painful right hi..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Right hip replacement - results have been outstanding."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional. Very knowledgeable. I am very satisfied."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 59yrs old and developed osteoarthritis in my hips due to sports, work and very active life style. Jan 2011 I had my left hip replace in Ohio by a top ortho..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I broke my hip when I was 18. It healed but that was 23 years ago. Over the last 10 years the pain in my hip has gotten to the point of unbearable. By last fall..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Snce I volunteer at the hospital, in the past 8 yrs I have had many opportunities to observe the work of other ortho surgeons & the post op condition of their p..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "the experience was uneventful. Pleasure to deal with Dr. and entire staff. If I had to go through the procedure again, I would go back to Dr. Zehr without hesit..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I had Knee Surgery in 2012. I suppose Dr Zehr did a technically competent joint replacement but his follow up and pain management techniques were sorely lackin..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Merci docteur Zehr je dois venir de loin (France) pour mon annuel chek... merci de votre patience, et de toujours avoir un sourire... touts les commentaires au..."

September 27, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=122184'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

March 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=122184'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 7, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=122184'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert J."

October 20, 2013