Ratings for Dr. Darryl Gurevitch

My experience with Dr. Gurevitch was not a happy one. I am sure he is a good surgeon but we had a difficult relationship from the day of surgery until my post recovery four weeks later. i was warned not to tick himoff or i would have to find another surgeon from a medical person at the hospital. I found that I didnot trust him. I was kept waiting every visit from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. He charged me over and above Alberta health care for almost everything. He didnot listen to my concerns about the medications, the pain I had after and was not easy to talk with other than the last visit. My own doctor changed my bandages, prescribed easier painkillers and was very supportive. My friend had surgery two weeks before myself and she had a great surgeon who didnot charge her for anything. He also was timely with his appointments, If i need further surgery I would certainly not choose Dr. Gurevitch.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I had my second foot operated on by Dr. Darryl four months ago and couldn't be happier. I am very active outdoors (weekly 20km+ hikes in the mountains, long XC ski days, climbing, etc.), so my main concern initially was whether I'd be able to do all those activities post-op. With this foot's bunionectomy/osteotomy I went with an air cast 2 weeks post-op, and then was XC skiing 28km at 7 weeks post-op. For comparison, without the air cast after my other foot surgery, I was doing those activities at approximately 12 weeks post-op. Three months post-op I started running, and now am back to running at the same pace as I was before I had foot issues. Just entered my first race for next month. I keep telling anyone who's considering foot surgery to not put it off and just go see Dr. Darryl. So many people think this is a painful ordeal, but it really doesn't need to be, and with knee scooters (one of the best inventions out there) and air casts, one can really function independently. was XC skiing 28km seven weeks post-op (for comparison, with my other foot I was doing those activities about 10-12 weeks post-op). I think that was me being more ambitious than Dr. Darryl would have liked to see, but I had absolutely no pain or discomfort whatsoever. My personal rationale was that XC skiing gave me those hours of range of motion exercises. Three months post-op I started running again (felt like I could have done that sooner, just didn't have the time), and am

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Amazing Doctor! I have been to one other foot doctor and 4 regular doctors looking for answers and Doctor Darryl was able to give them to me and took the time to explain my options.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Gurevitch's has operated on one foot and I am now scheduled for another surgery. He is very detailed in his explanations and procedures. Very impressed with him and would highly recommend him. Only thing is you do always have to wait, but that is because he takes his time to explain everything. small price to pay to know exactly what he is going to do for you

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Amazing doctor. I have had bunions for years, which over the years had gotten worse. I am very active outdoors (hiking, backpacking, scrambling, skiing, etc.), so did not look forward to having a long recovery. As even walking in flat shoes had become painful though, I went for a consult and was seen within a week. Indeed surgery was recommended, which I had on my first foot six months later. I had an austin bunionectomy/aking osteotomy, was fully non-weight-bearing for 5 weeks (a knee scooter made that period very bearable), and experienced very little pain (forget all those bunion horror stories). Six weeks post-op I was off crutches and started driving, 8 weeks post of I was walking 5km, 10.5 weeks post-op I was back to running (pain-free!), and 12 weeks post-op I am back to all my normal activities, including XC skiing 23km. It's amazing to do all of this without any pain. I didn't care whether I would see a scar or not, and am surprised at how little one can see it now; it's hardly noticeable, looks like something I'd have expected a year later. At my next follow-up appointment I will be scheduling the surgery for my other foot. The staff is also very friendly. They recognize you when you walk in, are prompt to respond to e-mails/questions, and the nurse who takes the x-rays, removes stitches, etc. is also very sweet.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Very friendly; spent lots of time on my case; tried a simple solution that avoided surgery recommended by another doctor and it worked. Listens attentively. Answers questions fully. Very happy that I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Gurevitch treated by son for ingrown toenails. He was very thorough and caring. The procedure went very well and the aftercare has been great. My only complaint is that he is always REALLY late - 1/2 hour to 1 hour.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Gurevitch is a very kind and compassionate doctor. He takes the time to listen and answer your questions and he is very professional. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Came to see Dr Gurevitch for a second opinion. He was fantastic! Listened to my concerns, performed a thorough exam of my feet (unlike the previous podiatrist I saw) and gave me helpful treatment suggestions. I will no longer go to my previous podiatrist. Dr Daryl is caring, compassionate and professional! I have a medical background and found this office to bill fairly and to be clean and organized. I highly recommend this office and Dr Daryl!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Daryl is a WONDERFUL Dr. I've had 1 of 2 bunions removed so far and 1.5 yrs later still no trouble & it was NOT a painful surgery either. Highly recommend Dr D.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012