Ratings for Dr. Kashimir K. Rai

I have gone to Dr. Rai for 11 years. She takes time with each patient and is a wonderful Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Rai is amazing!!! She is so very polite and understanding..She took her time evaluating my situation and feelings..She ordered test that no other doctor would..I have since sent two of my family members to her and we are all feeling better.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Orders unneccessary expensive labwork all designed to push her IV chelation agenda on every patient

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

In the beginning, I was very hopeful that finally I would get to the bottom of my health problems. THEN the appointments and vitamins & herbs she recommended to me became very expensive. The blood tests & other tests she recommended were numerous and costly & my insurance company dropped her from their plan. If you're prepared for out-of-pocket costs and testing and time, then she's the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

The best doctor in the state! My first visit with Dr. Rai was in 2007 and was like a breath of fresh air. Her first words to me were that we were a team and I was their star player. And after 5 years of being treated at a teaching hospital, where most of the doctors were very arrogant and pushed meds that only treat the symptoms, I was floored. In one round of blood work, she found out more about me than all of my other doctors combined. Now, 2 years later, after changing my diet and taking the supplements that Dr. Rai suggested, I feel great. I would strongly encourage anyone to see Dr. Rai - she's the best!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

I've seen Dr. Rai twice--both times I had the first appointment in the morning and both times she arrived at the office 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment and I waited another 25 minutes to see her. Her consultation was not at all hurried--in fact, both times it took 2 hours--at $175.00 per hour. I initially made the appointment because I am interested in bioidentical hormones and Dr. Rai advertised that she prescribed these. I waited NINE MONTHS for this visit, all the while suffering with terrible hot flashes, no energy, and non-existant libido. I was so happy to finally see her only to be extremely disappointed when it became apparant that she was primarily interested in selling me an expensive, non-proven chelation agenda. In addition, she actually told me I was a "victim of propaganda" for wanting to try bioidentical hormones to relieve my symtoms! And finally, she ordered $700 worth of tests, and was not forthcoming or truthful about the supplements she wanted me to take.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

She doesn't talk down to you, give you a prescription and walk away like other doctors often do.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2008

Kashi is a superb doctor. She LISTENS and RESPONDS to your concerns. She gives you all the time you need, makes sure you understand the reason for blood test she asks for, makes sure you understand the test results, gives you a copy of everything and is patient while you take notes on the copies she gives you. When she recommends a supplement or writes a prescription, she explains why she suggests it and what result she hopes to see. She also does a lot of alternatives (glutathione, vitamins and minerals, etc.) in her office. Best of all, she makes clear that she and her patient are two human beings trying to solve a medical problem together. Her goal is always to find the root of the problem and then solve it. In addition, she attends frequent medical conferences and is constantly reading the newest research. When I disagree with her, I can tell her why, and she will gently support her opinion. explaining why she feels her way may work better.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Dr. Kashimir K. Rai's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1994)