Ratings for Dr. Monica A. Moore

Very bad experience with this office. Between the rude staff, the terrible availability of the doctor, and the lack of privacy, personal knowledge, and use of equipment I don't know what to call out as the most nightmarish part of this practice! I had to be asked about previous visits, test, and results because this doctor didn't write notes. She did not take a full history or read the history that I had written down that pertained to my gyn history. She used the thumb of a latex glove to cover a transvaginal probe rather than the actual cover for the probe. And her and her staff spoke openly about another patient while in the waiting room in full hearing of the waiting room. We got to know she was having a miscarriage. She refused to give me my results of a test over the phone and requires a payment in order to get medical records. Her front staff covers for her lack of availability and will often refuse to allow you to leave a message or speak with her. Even with an emergency issue she was unavailable, cold, and lacking in competency. NOT recommended.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I had a great experience in Dr. Moore's office. When I arrived in the office I thought the decor in the office was very nice. I was checked in and greeted by her medical assitant who was very nice and helped to relieve some of my anxiety. I waited in the room for 10 minutes. When Dr. Moore entered the room I would describe her as very professional. She listened to my issues and proceeded to do the exam. She explained everything she was going to do before doing it and made me feel very comfortable. That was the quickest and most pleasant PAP smear I ever had and for that reason alone I will go back to her office. After the exam she sat done and explained all her findings and did an excellent job educating me about my body. When I left her office I felt empowered to deal with my issues. Overall this was a great experience.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

I wouldn't recommend it. I tried to give the office a 2nd chance as a courtesy--I struggled to get the order needed in order to have a proceedure done. And later, upon calling to get the results of my biopsy, was told that the results were available, but the doctor was in with a patient. I called back a few hours later and the doctor had left the office for the weekend WITHOUT giving me my results. It was a poor experience overall and I feel that I was forced to go through too many changes for things that were extremely important.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Moore is very professional and always gets back to us when we contact her. I would highly recommend her services in the downtown office.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Horrible experience! The first time I met her was for my annual, they had me undress before she met me, they office was filthy, a mouse trap was on the floor. Dr. Moore did not take a complete history, she didn't even ask any questions pertaining to my Gyn history and she didn't preform a breast exam. She commented on my bubbly nature, which she doesn't have. She has horrible bedside manner. I decided to give her a second chance, in hopes that my first visit was a bad day for her, but round 2 was just as bad. During visit #2 I waited in a paper gown scared to death for 45 minutes, to be greeted by the same cold physician. I tried on several occassions to get my test results and her staff repeatedly told me that weren't available, which I know wasn't true. Once she gave me my results she didn't explain anything to me and just expected me to understand. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

After being made to wait for more than an hour (half of it spent wearing a paper gown in a room heated only by an inadequate space heater) I demanded my co-payment be returned and left in disgust. Gyn's who don't meet their patients before asking them to undress, who don't have consideration for their patients' comfort - or their time? I thought those dinosaurs all retired back in the 70's. Arrogance does not equal professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

My experiences with Dr. Moore was horrible. I would never recommend her and feel she needs to be investigated. She has horrific bedside manner, did not answer questions, brushed off my concerns and was extremely unprofessional. In addition I noticed a patients' private information (HPV test results) sitting out in the open at the front desk. Very rough in the exam and was over 45 mintes late. The office decor seemed welcoming, but the service is the worst I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Moore was unprofessional. She didn't introduce herself before beginning with my exam and this was my first time meeting her. She was not helpful and did not express much concern for what I was experiencing. She asked very little questions and gave very few explanations or answers to my questions.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Worst health care service ever. The assistant did not know how to take my blood pressure. The doctor (Dr. Moore) looked unprofessional (was wearing sweat pants and a shirt), and acted unprofessional. Very rough with the exam. I will not go back to her. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

This is probably the worst patient care I have ever received both from the doctor as well as her staff. I have called to both ask Dr. Moore some questions on symptoms I was experiencing and to get a referral. Both times my phone calls were not returned and had to call several times afterward only to be put on hold or hung up on. Would not all recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Dr. Monica A. Moore's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1994)

• BCBS Illinois