Ratings for Dr. Bruce W. Irwin

Dr Irwin was by far is the best doctor I have ever seen. He was extremely knowledgeable and beyond brilliant. His bedside manner was unsurpassable. He was compassionate, empathetic, and sincere. He retired a few years back and I miss having him as my doctor. I hope and pray that one day I will be able to call him my doctor again. He helped me when no one else could. I had seen doctor after doctor for 20 years trying to get some help and he was the first doctor who actually did a full exam (not just looking at my MRI or medical records). At first, while the exam was going on, I had reservations of ever wanting to see him because it was so painful and I was close to fleeing the office BUT when the exam was over the words he said made me cry with happiness and relief. He said I believe you when you say you are in severe pain and I know what needs to be done to help alleviate your pain. That day he gave me the greatest gift... hope. I was very lucky to have found and be treated by such an amazing doctor. If he ever comes out of retirement, I will be the first one back through his door.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Dr. Irwin helped resolve my back pain years ago. Excellent medical doctor.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr Irwin was the 1st doc to take me seriously and perform an actual exam. He spent 3 hrs with me on my 1st visit. One reviewer wrote that the exam was "touchy-feely." There is something called "referred pain" where a patient feels the pain in one place though it originates from elsewhere. So an exam is important. Images such as MRIs do not tell all. Most adults have spinal abnormalities but the size and location do not nicely correlate to the amount of pain felt. Many people with abnormalities feel no pain at all! I am a very modest woman, but I am glad that I trusted him to help me with my pain. I've done the injections multiple times + medications. Dr Irwin is the 1st doc to prescribe me effective medications in appropriate amounts. He did not try to bully me into taking meds that made me sick, unlike other docs. Dr Irwin's staff aggressively negotiated with my insurer to reduce my bills and save me money. He never treated me like a drug-seeker. I appreciate his professionalism.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

I had been seeing a different pain management doctor for over two years, but when my insurance changed I went to see Dr. Irwin. Biggest mistake ever! I arrived to recieve my injections and had to wait for three hours. When I finally met him I explained what had work for me to date. He then proceded to do an exam that was extreamly painful, and seemed touchy-feely. Against my better judgment, I let him do the injections on me. When I woke up from the procedure, I was in sever pain and realized he did not do the correct area. I found bruises from the injections on parts of my body that were not originally hurting me and that were too close to 'personal areas.' I wouldn't recomend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

My father has been seeing him for over 10 yrs and I have been seeing him for 2 yrs. he is extremely caring and takes the time to listen. He thinks outside the box and his goal is to eleiviate and control pain, by meds, PT, and various other methods. he has a staff of 10 other doctors in his office and they are all very good.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

this guy was 4 hours late. had alot of unorthodox methods he wanted to use on me. i ran out of the office.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Dr. Bruce W. Irwin's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Nuevo Leon, Fac De Med, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Libertyville, IL