Ratings for Dr. Taufik Valiante

I had a brain tumour removed by Dr Valiante. He is easy to talk to, knowledgeable and a skillful surgeon. You get the feeling that he truly cares about all of his patients.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Dr. Valiante is absolute an excellent Doctor. I owe my life to you Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

When I was diagnosed with brain meningioma Dr.Valiante was the only one i trusted and believed that in his hands I have best chance for good outcome. .He is excellent surgeon , very professional, easy to talk to. He is great as person and Doctor . I'm deaply grateful for everything . Highly recommend Dr Valiante . You will never need second opinion , he is the the best. Thank you to you and your team.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

A wonderful therapeutic experience over all. Support staff is great!! Thanks TWH and Dr. Valiante!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was excited to see this neurosurgeon due to his 4.9 rating here. Shocked at my in person interaction. He didn't seem compassionate or empathetic. I waited over 2 hours to see him. One of the most significant outcomes after surgery would be an impairment in short term memory and this is something I am not ready to deal with. When I expressed this concern, he was dismissive. I asked info about alternatives, such as vagus nerve stimulation, but he brushed it off and did not answer any of my questions about how it works for patients with epilepsy. I understand he's a neurosurgeon but providing patients with alternatives is important and I felt like he was restricting me to just considering surgery. It almost seemed as if he was only concerned with performing surgery and nothing else. His admin staff and NP are very kind, attentive and caring.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr Valiante spent time with me on two occasions and patiently answered my questions. There is a 1% chance of paralysis with this kind of back surgery. Dr Valiante has never had a patient with this surgery end up with paralysis. I felt comfortable asking this question and he was very candid answering my question. I feel Dr Valiante is completely knowledgable and is honourable Answering questions. I will have the surgery sometime in April/May and will comment again then. However, I spoke to two surgery patients, one with Grand Mal seizures for many years. After brain surgery by Dr Valiante he was seizure free for FIVE YEARS with no medication. Also, a young woman who had the same back surgery as I am undergoing was released from hospital same day with a moderate amount of pain and now feels incredible.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr.Valiante performed surgery on my sister in Oct of 2016. My sister developed Grand Mal seizures about 4 years ago. We had no answers for years as to why she had all of a sudden started taking these seizures. After being told by countless doctors and neurologists that things like this "just happen" and her being turned into a non functioning zombie by the 19 different pills she had to consume daily, I am happy to announce that my sister is now seizure free(so far) and is only on one medication all because of Dr.Valiante and his amazing team and skills! My sister and I are so thankful for everything that Dr.Valiante and Toronto Western has done for our family! My sister can now get her life back and live without the daily struggles that she faced from her seizures. Thanks so much!!!!!

Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Valiante is an amazing neurosurgeon. He is very professional, knowledgable and attentive. Above all he is empathetic and patient-centred. I'm very grateful for the care he and his team provided to me.

Submitted November 5, 2016

An incredible doctor and person. Dr. Valiante is very knowledgeable and caring doctor.

Submitted March 2, 2016

I agree with all of the great comments below. Dr. Valiante is an amazing and caring doctor. He is very knowledgeable and clearly has the patient’s best interest in mind. He has improved my life so much. I am so grateful that I got referral to him.

Submitted November 27, 2015

Dr. Taufik Valiante's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Epilepsy surgery