Ratings for Dr. Robert T. Nelson

Having an autoimmune disease, 3 back surgeries, hip replacement and now kidney stones in the last 6 years. I have had my share of doctors but Dr. Nelson is hands down the most arrogant and unprofessional doctor I have ever met in my life. He was abrupt and rude and I doubt I will even use this practice again. I ended up walking out of the room because he was totally not listening to me after I had surgery to remove stones out of one kidney and was passing them from the other kidney. Yes, Dr. Nelson it is possible.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Robert Nelson told me nothing he could do for me , i find him unprofessional

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

In October 2012 Dr. Nelson told me my PSA had spiked to over 6 and he would like to have a biopsy scheduled. I elected not to do so and to take alternative supplements. In October 2013 I had my annual visit with Dr. Nelson. My PSA had declined. He got extremely angry for not having the biopsy done and my concerns of having a biopsy. Plus he did not agree at all with taking supplements and told me he no longer wanted me as a patient. Today, January 2014 my PSA results arrived from my primary doctor. My PSA is 1.2. I would recommend that potential patients see another doctor. One who is also aware of alternative methods of healing and not just interested in cutting.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Nelson when diagnosed with prostate cancer. I was considering going with prostatectomy surgery via the Da Vinci robotic procedure versus the traditional surgical procedure. Dr. Nelson took the time to carefully explain the pros and cons of each method without pushing me one way or the other. Since he was proficient in both procedures, he had no bias. I decided upon the robotic procedure, which he performed several weeks later. Since I had an active sex life, he assured me he would take pains to preserve nerves so I could continue to perform. He spent 4hrs doing what might normally take 2. He must have done everything right - I was "back in the saddle" in three weeks. My wife and I thanked him profusely for his skill! Only complaint regards follow-up care; I was going back every 6mo for PSA test. Dr. Nelson would give results, ask about wife, and bill me $133. I've since canceled follow-ups and arranged with my PCP to order PSA and send me the results.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

I saw Dr. Robert Nelson for a puzzling urinary condition in 2001. I was in a lot of pain. He performed a cystocopy on me. I was a hard case to figure out. He did the cysto and assured me that I had an inflammation that would heal on its own. It did and I have been well ever since. He was thorough, patient and assuring.I had total confidence in him. One of the greatest , sharpest doctors I have ever encountered. Va Urology is his group. Get him-you will be in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Dr. Robert T. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Harvard-Pilgrim