Ratings for Dr. Constance M. Irick

Dr. Irick isvery attentive and knowledgable. She always listens to me before diagnosing.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

This entire office is unbelievably unprofessional. There is a certain thing called "bedside manner" which goes a long way into the medical field, which practically every single employee doesn't have an ounce of. Irick's team is full of cold, aloof people who treat their patients horribly. No matter if you've been a patient of their practice for years; they do not value you or your loyalty to their office. That being said, this office is also extremely unorganized and the waiting time is terrible. I could list plenty of things here that concern and upset me about Irick and her employees, but one of the worst is most definitely that Dr. Irick very clearly has no clue what she's doing. She took me off a medication only to discover months later that the effects of me doing so were horrible for my health and that I should immediately go back on said medication. (The news that this change was affecting me badly, very badly, was also not delivered carefully or in person, but rather quickly and over the phone in a manner that was bordreline blase. It was shocking.) Please spare yourself the trouble and find an educated doctor instead with a team who cares.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with doctor's offices, but Dr. Irick takes the cake. I have multiple instances in which she has severely disappointed me. 1) The wait time at this office is horrendous. Even if you come early in the morning, you will be stuck waiting for a very long time. The best part is when you're sitting in the exam room and can hear Dr. Irick in the hallway laughing, chatting, and doing things on her own schedule. 2) There are some things that should never mix, such as: a medical practice and a sales operation. Ever since Dr. Irick began making her own vitamins and supplements, it's a miracle if you make it out of the office without someone urging you to buy some of her stock. The prices taped all over the walls are a nice touch. Definitely makes it feel like your doctor has an ulterior motive, and money has become the bottom line. 3) For some people, this is a pro, but for me, this is a con. Dr. Irick easily gives out medication and drugs -- while this may seem like wonderful for some, I've noticed that her willingness to give out drugs often feels like an alternative to actually examining the patient. She prescribed me drugs that, after my bloodwork came through, were unnecessary and perhaps even harmful to me. Why couldn't she have waited until the blood results came through? This sort of behavior can be dangerous. 4) A few years ago, she called to contact me about my bloodwork. I had been overseas at the time, and since she was unable to contact me, her office called one of my relatives instead. This is wildly unprofessional -- my bloodwork and my doctor visits are not anybody else's business, even my family members. 5) Ultimately, Dr. Irick is very reluctant to actually examine a patient. I came in once with an issue with my knee. Not only did she not even look at my knee, she offered no professional advice or asked any questions about the pain I had been feeling, just immediately suggested I see a specialist. When she breezes by my problems like this, it gives the impression that aside from the very basics, she is clueless about medicine.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I don't know who these other people have met, but Dr. Irick and her staff have been nothing but great. I have asthma that gets severe fast. They get me right in.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Total health, preventative health - she is a great physician, and sometimes that means telling you what you may not want to hear. Flexible, great diagnostic skills (early detection of friends and spouses Cancer)

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

My only real complaint is the wait time in the office.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Irick has never been in my experience a very friendly doctor, but rather quite judgmental. She focuses less on actual health issues and butts into my personal life, consistently judging my career choices and educational path. I have discussed this with members of my family, who have shared similar stories with me. She concerns herself with issues that are not hers, making me feel extremely unwelcome in the office. While the doctor herself seems extremely disorganized, the nurses and the lovely woman who takes blood are very kind and very helpful people at the office.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Office is a MESs! Receptionist has been rude. On several occasions, each time I go in I have to wait long periods of time to see her! What about my time and paying for me sitting in your office for 3 hours. Trouble with getting prescriptions and runs tests constantly.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Irick for over 10 years. I occasionally have long waits or something may seem not as organized as it could be, but I have experienced the same or worse when I have gone to other doctors' offices. Unfortunately that seems to be what all doctor offices are like. I like Dr. Irick - she seems interested in me and my health. She is firm when she is telling me something serious that I need to change about bad health habits, but is friendly and shows concern about my potential health issues. She does sort quickly through my list of complaints and focuses on the ones she thinks are most serious to do something about.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

This all happened years ago. I am writing this because I don't want anyone to go through what I did. She seemed to be a caring Dr. Initially, but as my care went on and my condition got more complicated she became a little rude and less warm. I later found out that she was not taking my medical complaints serious. She wrote in my medical records something to the effects that I came in less once I got married and that she thought I did have medical issue since I was now happy. She missed that I was IgA deficiency , that my liver was diseased, dyskinesia of my gall bladder. All of this information could have been ascertained by her if she had paid attention to my labs, my passed medical records that indicated I had immunoglobulin issues, and if she had listen to my pain and symptom complaints. Also she had made adverse comments about me to her staff. One told me that I should not make appointments for every little complaint after I had reported abnormal bleeding from my urethra.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Dr. Constance M. Irick's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Olathe, KS