Ratings for Dr. Debra A. Smith

Dr. Smith was my mother's doctor. I had asked her in May if she would accept my family into her practice. She said yes and had them create/place a letter into my file stating so. In Oct., I called to schedule new pt physicals for my family so they could become established. I was told that they were not accepting pt's until Nov. I mentioned the letter..no go! In Nov. I called...same speil...call us in Dec. I called in Dec. The answer: we're not even scheduling new patients until Jan. I was sick at this point and I have SEVERE asthma. The nurse could have cared less! Long story short, I ended up in the ER and was very sick for the entire winter. Dr. Smith is one of the BEST and MOST CARING doctors I have ever met. She took very, very good care of my mom and for that I thank her. But sometimes you're only as good as the people who answer your phones. In my opinion, the people who answer her phones are useless and uncaring.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

The office staff of Dr. Smith is wonderful. They are kind, polite & curtious. The wait ime to be seen is never more then 10 -15 minutes. There might be times when she is late coming to the office due to a medical emergency at the hospital. Dr. Smith is wonderful - what more can one say. She is prompt, caring, polite. She is never too busy to answer any type of questions from her patients. She is concerned for their safety & welfare. She goes out of her way to help someone in any way that she can. She is very knowledgable in her field. Her diagnosis for me were always correct.The treatment that I get from her is unbelievable.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

I have known her 20 years she is a good doctor BUT Clearly her office staff is a problem. I had a problem getting a copy of my records. I got the run around for 3 weeks being told they do not give patients a copy of their records but will fax a summary to another doctor. Knowing about Hippa I had to write a letter requesting my records. Their office called me(not the Carol whom I addressed the letter to but a Judy-seems Judy reads Carols mail)anyway she insisted I call her back because she was using a fax machine phone and could not hear me(she called me!)I got upset and wanted to know why she wants me to call her when we are talking now. Judy insisted I had call block so they could not see it was me. I told her I have no such thing and she was calling me! She quickly said I can't hear you I played their game-call back. I tried explaining my problem,she kept interupting me insisting she had no record of me ever asking for records. Then said Front Staff was not up to date on Policies.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Dr. Debra A. Smith's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1979)