Ratings for Dr. Albert De Vries

Dr. Devries is wonderful. He diagnosed my daughter early on with a problem which required her eye be patched. Interestingly - when I first brought my children.....I thought it was my son who needed glasses. He patiently listens to my children knatter about various subjects - and seems to enjoy how vital and alive they are. They like how human he is which is really a terrific quality where offices are becoming less personal and seem to focus on the "McDonald's" brand of client service. Louise is wonderful and again terrific with my children who are now entering the tween years. I love her accent!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Devries is skilled, patient and accomodating. Our entire family of 6 has been seeing him for over 22 years. He is professional and treats his patients with care and respect. has diagnosed conditions early on which when referred onto CHEO, the specialists there said Dr. Devries did an excellent job diagnosing a condition that is difficult to identify.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Our family has been with him for many years. We have always found him not as patient as other doctors we see, but we have stayed with him. However, he was extremely impatient and unprofessional at my appointment today. He did not like to hear my problems with the glasses he had prescribed. He jumped in with his "diagnosis" of the problem before I finished describing the problem. He reacted to the problems in a very impatient and unprofessional manner. For the time he spent on checking it out, he charged me for "partial exam" and, moreover, threatened to end the many years of doctor-patient relationship if I did not pay. I found the practice totally unprofessional and too money-minded.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I made an appointment here because i just broke my glasses and they had the earliest date in the area, and i am glad it was with them, the staff was friendly and helpfull, the doctor was thurough did tests ive never even had done before and i feel very satisfied that my prescription is accurate. Not only that but the practice is great, i was blown away with the prices they gave me for the glasses i bought, i have a heavy prescription and got a pair of sunglass and normal glasses with titanium frames, high index anti scratch and anti glare for about 250 a piece. Go here if you want good service and nicely priced glasses

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

We see Dr. Albert as a family and have had great experiences with him. He is patient-centred, experienced, knowledgeable and informative. He shares what he sees and finds. We received a referral to an ophthalmologist and the ophthalmologist double checked the accuracy of the glasses we'd received. We were told the prescription was accurate. This in itself should be the best reason to see him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Albert for 8 years. This morning called to get an appointment for my eye exam. The staff who attended the phone was horrible, sounding as if talking to me was a great favor she was extending to me. I am not going back there and will advise every body else to find a better place where people are helpful.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Our entire family goes to Dr. DeVries - he is excellent, knowledgeable and asks good questions to understand any issues you bring to him. Would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Great experience. Very polite and knowledgeable. I have been seeing him since I was a child and will continue.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

He is a pleasant and knowledgeable doctor, and I have always found him and his staff to be very helpful. Have been seeing him for many years.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

Just wanted me out the door, did not do a good eye exam. Will not return.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012