Ratings for Dr. Neil Craton

Dr Craton is not an orthopaedics surgeon. He is a primary care sports medicine doctor

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr. C is the best doctor I’ve ever come across hands down. I’ve been heavily involved in sports my whole life and am now playing professionally for my career, and Neil Craton is the only guy I trust for any medical problems. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, he has an amazing memory, and has connections to the best doctors around the city if he finds himself unable to help. Most recently he diagnosed me perfectly in 5 minutes when doctors overseas had previously misdiagnosed me for months. He is always busy so it’s sometimes hard to get appointments, but he frequently finds a way to squeeze you in if need be. That being said even when he fits you in, he doesn’t rush the appointment and makes sure he gets all the information. Amateur or pro athlete, you need to see Craton first!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Craton through my GP and am so glad I saw him. I have been dealing with chronic inflammation in my knee for over three years (I am also under 30 years old) and several other sports med docs could not figure out what was wrong and simply wrote me a Rx for cortisone. Dr. Craton, however, was quite perplexed as to why such a young person would have chronic inflammation for that long with no other indications of trauma. He sent me for a full blood panel and aspirated my knee. It has never felt better! The issue is not completely resolved, but he is determined to help me along my journey to recovery. For that, I am thankful.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Excellent a compassionate , knowledgable physician with great People skills.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr Craton is absolutely wonderful! He takes your pain and injuries very seriously and listens very well. If you need to be referred to a specialist, he will be that done quickly for you. He had wonderful bedside manner and remembers you at each visit, and often mentions something you told him at your last visit. I hope he never retires because I would go to him for ailments forever! Best Ever!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I've known this crook for years. Saw the idiot and was misdiagnosed twice. Now since the delay due to his malpractice. I an now stuck with chronic pain for the rest of my life! I can honestly say I hate this man. I suffer everyday. It's changed my life in horrible way. He writes prescription for heavy opiates so that way you'really hooked. These doctor's and pharmaceutical all get commission. He's destroyed a few lives that way too. Don't be fooled by his charm. He's a smooth talker. Anyone can put on an act for an hour. Please seek other treatment! Stay away from him! He's absolute poison!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I initially met Dr Craton about 13 years ago for a sports injury, I had a very positive experience. I've continued to see him over the years and now see him for my chronic injuries in hip and neck. Craton knows his stuff, no doubt about it. But what I appreciate most is that he is caring, empathetic and a great listener.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr Craton has been my physician for years, involving a few different injuries (sports, car accidents, etc). He has always been very thorough during exams and efficient with imaging/tests if necessary. Great communication skills, and very reassuring. Risks and benefits for every suggestion were clearly outlined, and never felt pressured to make a decision on the spot. All referrals to other health care providers were same level care. He was very supportive throughout my surgical experiences as well, both with communicating with the other doctors, and my follow up care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Neil is incompetent, particularly if you have an MPI claim. He ignores everything you tell him and says it's nothing. Outright lies too. One Physio described extremely limited range of motion and severe adhesions on a report , while Neil who hadn't checked any tissue or me, declared her findings were impossible. Run, run as far and as fast as you can. Appears to be all nice but will undermine you behind your back. Completely in mpi's pocket. My Physio was stunned when she heard Neil was my doctor and he told me everything was fine. I was far from fine as she went through all the tests showing the objective finding of it. Of course it all made sense with how I felt and what massage therapists were telling me. Spare yourself a lot of grief and keep away. Plus my GP pointed out to me he holds so much power in town there is no way anyone can cross him or question him. MPI owns a lot of doctors in Winnipeg. The college of physicians must know this but does nothing about it. It's a medical mafia here. If going in for support from a doctor for an MPI case, find out if the doc has any affiliation with MPI. If so, you will not get any objective advice but rather will be entirely undermined by them. Don't think it will be different for you. I never believed it until I learned the hard way.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I have a serious back problem. I was fortunate to see Dr Craton after being at the Pan Am Clinic and seeing my family Doctor. These other 2 Doctors felt I had a back problem that would look after itself in time. I visited my GP twice and the second time he scolded me for even thinking I might have something more than a back ache. He even told me not to expect an MRI or referral to a specialist, as this would be a waste of Health Care Dollars. I managed to get an appointment with Dr Craton and he took one look at me and he knew what was going on. He arranged an emergency MRI and it turns out I have 2 herinated discs. Dr Craton took the time to do a proper examination and listened to what I told him. It turns out the MRI supports his initial observation. Dr Craton has even made a followup call to me and is referring me to another specialist he thinks will be better suited to help me. Dr Craton is a medical professional and a caring person.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014