Ratings for Dr. Benjaman B. Fulmer

Dr. Fulmer performed lumbar fusion on me in 2002. I couldn't ask for a better and caring surgeon. I had minimal pain following the surgery and a very successful recovery. I continue to do well after 15 years following surgery. It was the best decision I made selecting Dr. Fulmer.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Very professional. The treatment received after surgery was wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Benjaman Fulmer

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr Fuller act like he don't know what he is doing.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Not a Good Doctor, too buy to care about you. Does not take time to get review tests and rushes through with the patients diagnoses without proper examination.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Love Dr. Fulmer is nothing short of a miracle worker. I was recommended to see him after a workplace injury. I can walk again due to the amazing work he did in two surgeries on me. The staff from billing to nurses were all very accommodating and super friendly. Can't say enough about Benjamin Fulmer and the rest of the fine folks at Birmingham Neurosurgery.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

My daughter had a laminctomy - her 2nd r. Fulmer in October 2009 on L4 L5 The decision was right away and she was told that it would be a micordisctomy. She felt that there was something wrong right away. She told the office that they was fuild in her back. They said that she was fine. We had to take her to the ER where they discovered a 9cm long infection along her spine due to the surgery.Dr. Fulmer acted irritated about it and put in a new drain , incision and put her on IV antibiotics she had to take at home. Nurse came only briefly twice a week. She was in the worst 10+ pain . After a few weeks the wound was still open and draining altough Dr. fulmer had taken the drain and the stiches out prematurely. Her back just. fell open. EVery week we went and every week we were told that everything was fine- seemed very wrong. She came down with a systemic klepsella infection There is much to tell. please mail me lzeski@bellsouth.net and title Back Surgery,We need to stop this

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr.Fulmer performed lumbar surgery on me in 2002. He damaged the nerve tissue surrounding my spine and I still suffer from the damage. Was NEVER warned about the possibility of nerve damage like this. At the follow-up visit I complained of EXTREME TINGLING FROM THE KNEES DOWN WITH SOME FROM WAIST DOWN. SEX LIFE BADLY AFFECTED. I ASKED IF THIS WERE "NORMAL" AND IF IT WOULD GO AWAY. HE ACTED AS IF HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND (IDK),LOADED ME WITH LORTABS,AND TOLD ME HE HAD DONE THE SURGERY BUT I WOULD HAVE TO CONSULT ANOTHER DOCTOR ABOUT ANY "PAIN MANAGEMENT".SAID HE WAS "NO LONGER MY DOCTOR". STILL SUFFERING FROM THIS NERVE DAMAGE AND TRYING TO MOVE NOW, TO ANOTHER STATE, WHERE MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS AVAILABLE. DON'T WANT TO BE ADDICTED TO THE PAIN PILLS.I REFUSE TO SPEND MY LIFE ADDICTED TO PILLS SO I DON'T TAKE THEM BUT I CAN'T STAND THE PAIN EITHER.HE IGNORED MY COMPLAINTS.MY FEET FEEL AS THOUGH I WERE WEARING SHOES TWO SIZES TOO SMALL AND STRAPPED ON TIGHT 24/7.I WOULD FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I had lumbar surgery March, 2008. Operation successful except for one thing, nicked the tissue surrounding the spinal cord. Sent home in two days with a temperature. Second day home huge drainage from large incision started. Called office every morning. Only could get to his nurse who informed us that this was to be expected. Dr.Fulmer never called to check on my condition after sending me home. Went to emergency on 4th day, admitted and started on anti-biotics. Had terrible infection and was told later it was spinal miningitis. Another doctor opened incision under emergency situation, cleaned out infection but could not find leak. A third different surgeon went into incision, found and repaired leak. This doctor took over my case after the family asked that Dr. Fulmer be removed from the case as we all had lost confidence in him. Each physician I have gone to as a follow up said they did not think I would live at the time. I had to have 6 weeks of Crital Care at home.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

PERFORMED LUMBAR SURGERY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE NERVES RESULTING IN TOTAL NUMBNESS IN A LARGE PART OF MY LOWER BODY,COMPLETE BLADDER FAILURE, MEANING I NOW & FOREVER WILL HAVE TO CATHERIZE MYSELF & I HAVE NO FEELINGS IN MY GNOWING AREA, SO I DON'T EVEN DESIRE SEX & THEN THERES THE RSD THAT IS PAIN ALLTHE TIME , ANYTHING THAT TOUCHES MY SKIN SENT ME INTO ORBIT THE PAIN WAS SO SERVERE IT WAS AN ER. DR. WHO FINALLY RECONIZED THE NERVE DAMAGE & GAVE ME SOME PAIN RX THAT HELPED,DR FULMER DID NOT INFORM ME OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE EFFECTS OF THE SURGERY, I DON'T BELIEVE HE WAS EVEN AWARE OF THEM.IT TOOK 3 YRS.& 4 DRS. FOR THE RSD TO BE PROPERLY DIGNOISED. ALL DR. FULMER EVER TOLD ME WAS MAYBE IT WOULD GET BETTER & THE FINAL VISIT WITH HIM HE SAID I'M GLAD TO SEE YOUR GETTING BETTER NO THANKS TO HIM I WAS & I AM CONTROLLING ONLY THE PAIN.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Dr. Benjaman B. Fulmer's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)