Ratings for Dr. Jayshree J. Novak

We have been with Dr. Novak for almost 20 years and she is the best! She doesn't push meds when they aren't needed, but knows what needs to be done. When a referral needs to be made, she knows the best and brightest. She treated both of my children and is now my grandson's pediatrician. I could not recommend her more highly!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

We were visiting our family in Dallas when our 5 month old daughter got sick and was running high fever. We were able to schedule an appointment with Dr. Novak within 2 hours. The staff was great and very nice to my daughter. Dr. Novak was very thorough in her evaluation of my daughter and accurately diagnosed her. She also reached out to our daughter's pediatrician in Phoenix. Above, call she called us every day for 5 days until our daughter was fever free for 24 hours. Amazing service and follow through in these times when other doctors find it hard to spend a 5 mins!!! Highly recommend her as a pediatrician if you live in the Dallas area

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

We have seen Dr. Novak as well as other pediatricians throughout the past decade as we have moved and are not close to her anymore. However, we always come back to Dr. Novak, even if it means a 100 mile drive. She is quite blunt, not one bit fluffy, but she really cares. She makes educated and informed decisions and has never been wrong, even when other doctors we went to had a different opinion. Her office is not the loveliest sight. It's an older building and she may not pay much attention to the decor, but I have never once found it to be unclean. If you want an honest and educated physician, I would highly recommend Dr. Novak. If you are looking for ambiance and friendly chit chat, you may want to go elsewhere. In 18 years of parenting children, I have yet to find a better pediatrician.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. Novak was assigned to my daughter when she was born at Dallas Medical City in 2001. She treats both of my children. 11 years later and I have no complaints. Not one. My children love her and so do I. Yes she is direct. Her facility is in an old building but I have NEVER seen it dirty. She handles my kids with care and always follow up. She hss even called me when I was going thru cancer to check on me. I love this woman for her thoroughness.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Cons: facility is older and outdated, and parking can be scarce during peak times. Pros: she knows her stuff. I have two boys, 11 and 6 and she has taken care of both since birth and has never been wrong. One child was born extremely early and had lots of health issues. She took the time to follow up with the neonatologist at the birth hospital even without me asking her to. My second son has asthma too so we've really tested her knowledge. The staff did have a high turnover but not recently. Getting apps is pretty easy. As someone said, she is blunt, but I prefer that. I love her so much that even when we moved to Frisco - 40 min away, I never changed docs. I strongly recommend her. She did prescribe meds to my son who has ADHD, but referred us to another dr when she felt it was beyond her expertise. She also stays updated on the latest medical news and shares it with me if it pertains to our visit. Love this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Great doctor,my daughter is 3 yrs. old, she had a terrible pediatrician from Medical City Hospital, one of my friend refered me to Dr. Novak when my daughter was 1 year old. Dr. Novak is GREAT, I can refer her to anybody.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

I really like Dr. Novak but felt her facility was filthy. The floor in the room had dirt and hair and looked as though it had never been mopped. Then the toy she had in the room was just discusting. It was caked with dirt. I didn't want to let my child out of my lap b/c of the filth. It feels very unsanitary and just nasty. So thumbs up to Dr. Novak as being a great doctor, but a HUGE THUMBS DOWN to the terrible facility.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

I was very unhappy with the staff and the doctor. Dr. Novak completed talked over me. I felt unintelligable in her presence. I do not feel like my concerns or questions were addressed. I also felt like she presecribed medicine to quickly as the remedy. I will not go back to her.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I took my daughter in with a VERY tender scalp, I could barely touch it myslef. Immediatley when I told her her scalp was irriated she said its ring worm without even LOOKING at it, her hair was in a ponytail. She grabbed my daughters head, roughly and shoved a large Q-tip in her pony tail, my daughter almost jumped off the table, I told her could you be a little more gentle I just said her head is hurting really bad, I said I will open the ponytail so you can swab it, she tried to jab the Q-tip in again and I made her stop and took my daughter to the ER. Her ACTUAL diagnosis is folliculitis and NOT ring worm like Dr. Novak insisted and the swab was unecessary. My daughter went through pain behind her and that was was not right at all.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Jayshree J. Novak's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Richardson, TX