Dr. Michael P Maniacci

5 1 4.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael P Maniacci

Dr. Michael P Maniacci's Ratings

Unfortunately I have to side with the reviews of rude if not downright abusive on Dr. Maniaci. Although my experience was several years ago, and because I was so young and dealing with so much, perhaps my experience with him was somehow misinterpreted as rudeness or skewed in some way. Nevertheless I have to say in my experience with therapists it was not good. I felt that his treatment if me was very unprofessional if not sexually biased against women. But to this day my experience with him still reflects negatively.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Dr. Michael has been awesome for our high-achieving 17-year-old son with anxiety. While others are good, kind listeners who treat the symptoms, Dr. Michael gets right to the problem and treats it effectively. Our son agrees that he is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2851861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Been to lots of psychologists/counselors and hands down the best ever. Gives you so much to think about it's the most packed 45 minutes of help ever. Mike is doing exactly what his calling should be.

And it's interesting that the negative reviews include staff ratings of 2 and 3, when in fact there is not and has never been "staff" at his office. Hmmmmm.....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2767832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Mike was very rude. I happened to mention his name to an acquaintance who said that she had been to him but stopped because he had been rude to her too. He also told me after one session that I should get a divorce. This is totally unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2482150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2014

I have been visiting Mike off and on for over a year now. The man has an absolutely amazing ability to penetrate to the core of you and what your issue is. I like that he doesn't want to keep you in a revolving door of appointments and wants to get you on your feet as soon as you can. I have been to others, Mike is A+.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1007261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

Not very flexible in his suggestions, solutions and ideas. His way or the highway. There are better ones out there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1007260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Our family has received counsel from Dr. Michael Maniacci for over 15 years during various crises or just rough patches. I too find it difficult to believe that anyone would characterize him "abusive" in any way. As for our family, he has been absolutely amazing in every way you would expect and our experience, unfortunately, involved seeing a few psychiatrists and counseling programs. But NEVER did I find with others the compassionate and competent help that we have always received from Mike!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1007259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

In our family we have seen a lot of psychologists. A lot. Never has one been so helpful and especially so FAST. Mike's goal is to get you successfully OUT of his office! He doesn't rush you out but he's just so darn good as lasering your issues and getting you on the road to actually solving the problem. He helped two of my sons tremendously, and thus us parents as well - he was very direct in teaching the two of us different strategies. If you're open to change and your goal is to truly to fix the problem and not just vent, I highly, highly, highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1007258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I'm not sure why anyone would post a review saying Mike Maniacci is abusive: that is absurd. He is an excellent psychotherapist. I attended his sessions for about 6 months and was helped through an extremely difficult time. He offers concrete advice, not abstract principles. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1007257].votes_count ]]