Ratings for Dr. Michael P Maniacci

Michael Maniacci is the best! I credit the work we did together with where I am today...we had some tough sessions, but it was ultimately what needed to be surfaced. I cannot day enough good things about Michael Maniacci; that being said, he’s not for you if you’re not ready to face what you need to do to change “you”.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Not a standup guy. Members of my family still suffer from the memories of what this man inflicted on them. Seems to have no code of ethics or patient confidentiality. Once followed a family member out of his office (they were attempting to leave in frustration with his abusive behavior) shouting in front of a waiting room of people. Very shady as well, he shared details of a session with another person in exchange for money. Do not support this man. He should be in jail, not a psychiatrist's office.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I blindly supported this man because I was so happy to see my spouse in therapy. I called for much needed help when there was an episode at home and he called me back and berated me to tears, wouldn't let me speak, called me names and then when he finally broke me tears called me irrational and THEN criticized me as a mother. He's never met me. If this is how he treats family of patients I can only imagine how he treats patients. We are onto finding a new place for my husband where they follow their code of ethics and have at least one ounce of compassion. Do not go to this man and read reviews!!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

The thing about this amazing counselor is that all these reviews are accurate. The positive reviews are spot on. But I understand where the negative reviewers are coming from; however, effective therapy is tough and makes you squirm because you must face all sides of an issue including the tough sides. He doesn't waste your time dancing around feelings and he gets you to the core of the problem. People who want a confidante to vent feelings wouldn't like him. But if you are willing to look in the mirror, be honest about what's bugging you or scaring you or whatever, and get to the bottom of stuff, then he's your guy. I do get the feeling that guys tend to connect w him more than girls. But that could be cuz of his demeanor. For example, the "his way or the highway" review comment below is understandable. But so what if his way is correct or at least something worth considering? - which I found to be the case most of the time! Ps when we saw him he was his staff, and he was prompt and efficient.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Unfortunately I have to side with the reviews of rude if not downright abusive on Dr. Maniaci. Although my experience was several years ago, and because I was so young and dealing with so much, perhaps my experience with him was somehow misinterpreted as rudeness or skewed in some way. Nevertheless I have to say in my experience with therapists it was not good. I felt that his treatment if me was very unprofessional if not sexually biased against women. But to this day my experience with him still reflects negatively.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Dr. Michael has been awesome for our high-achieving 17-year-old son with anxiety. While others are good, kind listeners who treat the symptoms, Dr. Michael gets right to the problem and treats it effectively. Our son agrees that he is the best.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Been to lots of psychologists/counselors and hands down the best ever. Gives you so much to think about it's the most packed 45 minutes of help ever. Mike is doing exactly what his calling should be. And it's interesting that the negative reviews include staff ratings of 2 and 3, when in fact there is not and has never been "staff" at his office. Hmmmmm.....

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Mike was very rude. I happened to mention his name to an acquaintance who said that she had been to him but stopped because he had been rude to her too. He also told me after one session that I should get a divorce. This is totally unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I have been visiting Mike off and on for over a year now. The man has an absolutely amazing ability to penetrate to the core of you and what your issue is. I like that he doesn't want to keep you in a revolving door of appointments and wants to get you on your feet as soon as you can. I have been to others, Mike is A+.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Not very flexible in his suggestions, solutions and ideas. His way or the highway. There are better ones out there.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013