Ratings for Dr. Claude P Hobeika

Never met the Doctor until I had to go through a series of tests. The Doctor spoke with me for a short period of time to explain that there basically was nothing wrong with me. The Doctor was very moody and hard to understand and communicate. Once they received my initial payment it was almost like they didn't care if I came back. I left before treatment was finished and I will never go back.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

I had seen several doctors for both headaches and ringing in my ears. It was just a blessing that one of my friends recommended Dr. Hobeika. She had great success with him. I spent about 3 hours at his center including the 45 minutes that he spent with me personally (when was the last time a Dr. spent 45 minutes with you?) going over all the test results as well as explaining in detail my problem and his method for treatment. It is now two weeks and my headaches are completely gone and the ringing has subsided somewhat(he told me that it was going to take about 3 to 4 months for the ringing to go away). I recommend him to anyone and everyone. In fact I could not come until later in the afternoon because of work and the staff and his assistants spent plenty of time. I felt as if they all cared about my problem. I didn't leave until 7:00 PM and was thrilled about the entire experience. Every Doctor should treat his patients this way. Well Worth it! He really understands!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Not an advicate of informed care. He doesn't seem to want you to be involved in how your medical care is actioned and Is not very willing to go into depth about medications he is prescribing ( he did the same to me as he had to another that rated him two meds and just wanted to increase the dose.)and is not an advocate of Breastfeeding mothers. If you are a Breastfeeding mother or are someone who likes to have a say in your medical care do not go see him as you will not have a partner in your health care but a dictator who is set in his ways.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

I made the comment on 9/5. I received my records today (to take them to another neurologist) and it was obvious that he really didn't listen to me. He had at least one thing (usually multiple things) wrong on his dictation for each appt. They were so wrong, I had to make corrected notations on the papers before I take them to my new neurologist. It showed that he was even less knowledgable than I had thought.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

I saw Dr Hobeika for migraines (he has a "migraine center") as they have become daily and non-responsive to the many preventive medications I've tried. He has a gruff, curt manner and I felt like he was dismissive. He'd ask me a question, then cut me off while I was answering it. On the positive side, he did seem to take a lot of time thinking things through during his consultations. He did many tests that charged my insurance company about $400 for each visit. His only treatment option was to go on 2 medications (clonazapam and amitriptyline), increase the dose when it didn't work and take me off other meds. When none of that worked he told me it was all psychological (which my psychiatrist totally disagrees with) and referred me to a headache clinic in Chicago.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2007

Dr. Claude P Hobeika's Credentials

• Fac Of Med, Alexandria Univ, Alexandria, Egypt (915-03 After 1/1971) (Grad. 1959)