Ratings for Dr. Larry S. Kaskel

My experience there was great from the receptionist to the nutritionist and Dr.Kaskel is the best

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Smart man with good office staff. He has been my PCP for years. Recently the managed care system seems to have added some rote or boilerplate elements to his interactions. Static elements aside the interactions seem genuine, and he has been good at follow up. Lab results typically via the patient portal as normal. Mostly used for Annual Physicals and also for acute conditions in a sick call environment. Does have an agenda to watch diet, not all bad. Surprised at other negative reviews. He is a good doctor to me, dont know of a better one, but there may be... there certainly are worse doctors. If your not happy keep shopping. Other staffers and MDs in practice have been good as well. Nothing serious for me addmittedly.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr. Kaskel has been my family's PCP for years. For yearly physicals, never had a complaint. However, last year I suddenly developed severely debilitating symptoms (inappropriate sinus tachycardia, neurological deficits, extreme fatigue, etc) that left me completely bedridden for 5-6 months and unable to work/attend school. After seeing a wide variety specialists, I returned to him asking for more tests (specifically cardiovascular tests) to determine the cause. He was extremely condescending and tried to suggest that I was just anxious or malingering. He said "Whether or not anxiety is the cause of your problems, you need to recognize that anxiety could be exacerbating your symptoms. I can prescribe Lexapro for you." I responded that I absolutely didn't want medication for anxiety because I was not suffering from anxiety and again demanded the tests. He said, "I don't think they'll help. But if you REALLY insist and if it will REALLY make you feel better, then I guess I can order the tests. But again, I don't think they'll show anything." Guess what? I had an abnormal stress echo and the tilt table showed Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, a type of autonomic nervous system dysfunction. But even when I came back to the followup to go over the test results, he said "So your tests were normal." I was furious. As a mild mannered person, I have never yelled at a physician in my life and I angrily directed him to the concerned lab notes made by the doctor overseeing the tests and asked him to explain himself. He then looked only mildly disturbed (as if sensing a lawsuit) and proceeded to give a very unsatisfying attempt at an apology saying he was sorry that the medical community has failed me (not directly admitting that he himself was one of those doctors who failed to properly help me). He then suggested I see someone with knowledge in that area (but never gave me any name suggestions) and said "Good luck with everything." He is by far the most arrogant, condescending, patronizing doctor I have met and has little concern for his patients' well-being. He would rather spend 5 minutes listening to your problems and write a prescription for anti-depressants than actually put in the time and effort of helping solve the problem. What kind of doctor is that? He's a complete disgrace to the profession. If you have to go to this office location (where the office staff are also not the most friendly), please choose a different PCP.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Kaskel is an amazing, detail oriented physician. His attention to detail saved my husband's life! When my husband presented with a sore throat, after a thorough exam, he directly sent my husband to an ENT where he was diagnosed with stage 4 base of tongue cancer. My physicians would have tried a course of antibiotics first, thank goodness Dr. Kaskel did not! He's also changed my life with his very sage nutritional advice. He's probably the best family doctor we've ever had. Re: some of these negative reviews, they are nonsensical!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Kaskel came highly recommended from a top doctor at a highly rated hospital here on the North Shore of Chicago. We found him to be rude, dismissive, had the personality of a cardboard box, not to mention that his staff made MANY errors and just plain negligent mistakes in making appointments, getting information and test results forwarded to us. Our son had a LIFE-THREATENING eating disorder and as his PERSONAL physician, canceled an appointment to see my husband and I to talk with our son and go over his blood work as the hospital we were taking him to wanted this to be done first and foremost. The Dr. passed us onto a psychiatrist, which was the NEXT step. RUN from this "physician" and ignore his degrees and find yourself a more caring doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Kaskel used a professional group site to "sell" his Fitness business for personal gain. Irritating and Cheesy!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

This is a first rate practice - from the personnel at the front desk, to the nurses, P.A's etc. Dr. Kaskel takes a great deal of time and listens. I never feel rushed. Very professional and at the same time, personalized.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr Kaskel was very to the point and was good when I had heart issues. When my husband saw him, he gave him the results of someone elses tests and told him he had an STD! When my husband tried to tell him he was wrong, he said he didn't want to hear about it. I refused to take the meds that were perscribed and went in for a test myself. I had to get someone else on the staff to check the records to find that this test was never even ordered for my husband. Another staff member had to call and appologize for Dr Kaskel's error. My husband also told Dr Kaskel that he was depressed and Dr Kaskel's response was "Well, are you married?" When my husband answered yes, Dr Kaskel told him "well there's your answer." When we both switched to a different doctor he didn't understand why. I really like the other doctors, nurses and especially the PA's though. Reception staff is a little cold but adequate at their job.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

I like that Dr. Kaskel is very matter-of-fact and doesn't beat around the bush, yet doesn't say hurtful things. He has never seemed to be in a rush and listens well. He is willing to explain things in detail if I ask. I get the feeling that he loves what he does and is an expert in his field. The front desk staff is the best I have EVER dealt with. They are friendly, courteous, respectful, remember my name, discreet and efficient. They must either train them well or get them from heaven or somewhere! I would hire any of them in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Perhaps the best doctor that I and others have come accross. Amazingly punctual and organized as wekll as a good listener. He was able to diagnose and treat a inherited complex lipid disorder I have that other doctors I have seen totally missed. He is practical and does not promote expensive and unecessary tests

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

Dr. Larry S. Kaskel's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1988)

Neighborhood Health Partnership