Ratings for Dr. Albert J. Steren

Absolute best surgeon in his field in the D.C. Area. Skilled, knowledgeable, and kind-hearted.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I love Dr. Stereo also! He is kind, gentle, professional and explains everything in detail. I have to go in next week to have a hysterectomy. I feel very at ease knowing he will be performing the procedure. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Steren was recommended by my specialist, and I am so glad he did. Being a physician myself, it is refreshing to meet other physicians with such excellent bedside manner who take the time to address their patients' concerns and fears. I backed out of scheduled surgery several times due to my anxiety with having the procedure done, but each time I went back to talk to him about doing the procedure, he never seemed annoyed. Rather, he was very patient, compassionate and tried to ease my fears. I finally decided to go through with the surgery, and knew I couldn't trust anyone but him. Highly recommend Dr. Steren as he is one of the most compassionate and caring physicians I have ever met.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Wonderful surgeon with an amazing bedside manner! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

there are not enough words to describe the WONDERFUL bedside manner of Dr. Steren. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer on 6/5/12; took the first available app't. with the gynecologic oncologist in his practice, which happened to be with Dr. Steren. He LISTENED to my story & how I arrived at his office. REALLY LISTENED. EXPLAINED EVERYTHING in layman's terms so that the patient understands what's happening. I had a DaVinci-assisted laparasopic hystero-salping-oopherectomy, the cancer is gone. The only thing facing me now is 6 wks. of radiation to err on the side of caution, I see Dr. Steren 4 x's a year for a vaginal PAP & pelvic exam to make sure the cancer does not come back. Dr. Steren is a gift.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

wonderful doctor-amazing surgeon-he diagnosed my problem and fixed it with robotic surgery-I was back at work after hysterectomy in 7 days

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I went to Dr. Steren in October to have one very large fibroid removed. I found Dr. Steren after being referred by a co-worker who had a similar surgery. I was very nervous about the surgery, but Dr. Steren's bedside manner put me at ease. Although, I ended up having a full abdominal incision instead of laparascopy, I have recovered very quickly and have miniminal scars. I hope that I never have to be treated for fibroids again, but if I ever had to have another gyn surgery, I would definitely go to Dr. Steren. He is the best!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

It's amazing how one of the reviewers wrote that while she was writing her review, she was crying. That's exactly what happened to me when I was writing my review about Dr. Steren on another website. Just the thought about this incredible doctor brings tears to your eyes. It's overwhelming to know that people like Dr Steren exist on this Earth. The minute you walk in his office all the fears, anxiety, panic disappears. I can't imagine how it is possible for a surgeon of this calibre to have such a mind-blowing bedside manner. What a caring doctor! A rare combination - one of the best surgeons in the East Cost and excellent bedside manner - all in one!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Steren by someone who he had performed the Da Vinci robot surgery on. She raved about him, but to me, didn't rave enough. I am very picky and a very difficult patient when it comes to my body. This doctor is the absolute best doctor in the world! An MRI report showed that I had 1 huge fibroid and 2 small ones, but during the procedure he actually found and removed a whopping 7 fibroids. I had the abdominal surgery and I can't even find the incision. That's how great he is. My advice to ANY woman who wants to have their fibroids removed, this is the doctor to go to -- no one else. I'm serious! For me to say this is HUGE! I am extremely happy, pleased, and healthy now and will miss Dr. Steren!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

My original gyno referred me to Dr Steren for a second opinion regarding removal of two large fibroid tumors. Dr Steren performed my surgery in early March using the da Vinci robot.His calm and confident manner reassured me and reduced my anxiety.The surgery was a success, and my recovery took about 2 weeks. His follow up care was excellent. I hightly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Albert J. Steren's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Harvard-Pilgrim