You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Susan Matthews

I've been coming to Dr. Matthews for years and she is by far the best doctor I have ever dealt with. She prescribes exactly what I need and never over prescribes. Just an amazing caring woman!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

This doctor is a real puzzle. It is really hard to evaluate her. I am now in such a soothing care from RN's, Psychiatrists, Hospitalists as well as the entire interdisciplinary team. I have discussed the treatment I received, and I would like to believe it was well intentioned, with all of the above professionals. The jury seems to be out on her, but, with encouragement we will let the College of Physicians and Surgeons make the final decision. I sincerely hope that it will be a "Win-Win" situation for all of us.

Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr Matthews has been my Maternity and Family Doctor for 3 years since I was pregnant with my first. She has always been very friendly and formed an amazing connection with my husband and I right from the start. She likes to breeze through the routine appointments (which I like) but has also spent an extended amount of time with us on the not so routine appointments. Our second baby died during labour (nothing to do with her at all!!) and our follow up appointments after that were incredible. She was emotional and helpful and told us to see her any time we needed. We will continue to use her as our Maternity Dr and family Dr. I can not praise her enough! Like almost any Dr she can sometimes be running behind but I have never gone to a Dr expecting to get in on time. :)

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I am quite pleased with Dr. Matthews herself and have have not found either her or her receptionist to be unpleasant or condescending. She is often running late (but what doctor isn't?). The only negative comment is the lack of the ability to get me or my children in for appointments right away, not wanting to wait a week, I usually end up taking them to the walk in clinic which has had some bad outcomes. There should be some openings in the schedule for emergency appointments. In some cases I have been informed to take my children to the walk in clinic as they really should be seen right away.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Matthews is lovely, her receptionist however is the most condescending lady I've ever met. She is absolutely useless at her job, rude and brings down the entire office. Good luck even trying to get ahold of their office. This lady is so impossible to deal with that I want a new doctor. USELESS!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Matthews is truly a wonderful doctor and person. She is very very caring and takes the time to build a trusting bond with her patients & their children. We have been under her care since she was our prenatal physician and have never had reason to second-guess her diagnosis. Our son feels comfortable with her and this is very important to us as well. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Love her. She has been extremely helpful through a number of medical issues. We are very thankful for her ability and knowledge during a very scary delivery. She saved my baby. She may be to the point, but I'm fine with that as she knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Matthews took me on during my pregnancy a while back but I forgot to post a comment as I am busy with a healthy happy baby. My spouse and I found her not interested at all about forming a relationship with us. I will credit her that she does not rush our appointments. Additionally, she often comes across as condescending with answering questions. She may not know this but she rolls her eyes at time and snorts at some of the questions we asked. She is not a warm compassionate maternity doctor. I really was hoping for someone gentle and kind. She comes across as cold 9/10 appointments. I would not recommend her to pregnant woman looking for a doctor. I have friends that used her as a maternity doctor as she also found her to be cold and detached from her patents. Oh well, I'm sure some people enjoy her demeanour while others don't.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

She was good 15 years ago when I started with her...after my kids were born I had to really push for her help. She seems to have a comfort zone and doesn't step outside her box. Would love to have a more open minded and caring doctor but finding a good doctor that is taking new patients is hard.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I have been with Dr. Matthews since she took over the practice of our former GP. She has been an incredible support to us, and I cannot say enough good things about her character, her knowledge, and her ability to inspire confidence in 'the system'. She has seen us through some pretty rough patches and I am extremely grateful for her!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Susan Matthews's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been coming to Dr. Matthews for years and she is by far the best doctor I have ever dealt with. She prescribes exactly what I need and never over prescribe..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is a real puzzle. It is really hard to evaluate her. I am now in such a soothing care from RN's, Psychiatrists, Hospitalists as well as the entire..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Matthews has been my Maternity and Family Doctor for 3 years since I was pregnant with my first. She has always been very friendly and formed an amazing conn..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I am quite pleased with Dr. Matthews herself and have have not found either her or her receptionist to be unpleasant or condescending. She is often running lat..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Matthews is lovely, her receptionist however is the most condescending lady I've ever met. She is absolutely useless at her job, rude and brings down the ent..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I won't recommend this doctor to any one who is looking for maternity doctor. She and her locums knew my baby was very small and I had developed hyper tension a..."

August 27, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8N 1A4". Address has been updated from "None" to "1595 McKenzie Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507211188".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Matthews is truly a wonderful doctor and person. She is very very caring and takes the time to build a trusting bond with her patients & their children. We ..."

October 24, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

October 2, 2012