Ratings for Dr. Susan Matthews

I accompanied a child that I frequently care for to a routine checkup. It was the only time I have met Dr. Matthews, but found her patronizing. Though she hadn't seen the 2 year old for a year, she still seemed to want to teach us how to manage him. He was not being co-operative, because he was anxious, but she dismissed his behaviour -"he's not getting his own way." It would have been great if she could have worked with us, the people who know what works for him everyday, instead of rigidly dictating and ignoring my greater experience. When I had him co-operating, she ignored the opportunity, and baby was kept in a stressful limbo until SHE was ready to finish the appointment. It could have been over with sooner, if she had been flexible and co-operative, instead of insisting on having HER own way. I wouldn't take my kids there.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Dr Matthews delivered my son in July and she was wonderful! She was encouraging and honest throughout the whole thing. Very nice doctor!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Matthews is great, her receptionist is a piece of work. Every interaction is made difficult thanks to the receptionist. So difficult to make an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Matthews is direct and this may be interpreted as cold, but it may also be that she has seen quite a bit in her experience / practice. I appreciate that she doesn't over prescribe or let her patients take the 'easy way out' / she is responsible and medically focussed - can sometimes have her personal opinions come across, but every person does has those. I am grateful to have her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Matthews is great as a maternity doctor but once the baby is past 12 months old she doesn't seem to care as much. Her receptionist is pleasant in person and kind on the phone. However, it's very annoying when she would take a question and promise to call back but never did.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I've been coming to Dr. Matthews for years and she is by far the best doctor I have ever dealt with. She prescribes exactly what I need and never over prescribes. Just an amazing caring woman!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

This doctor is a real puzzle. It is really hard to evaluate her. I am now in such a soothing care from RN's, Psychiatrists, Hospitalists as well as the entire interdisciplinary team. I have discussed the treatment I received, and I would like to believe it was well intentioned, with all of the above professionals. The jury seems to be out on her, but, with encouragement we will let the College of Physicians and Surgeons make the final decision. I sincerely hope that it will be a "Win-Win" situation for all of us.

Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr Matthews has been my Maternity and Family Doctor for 3 years since I was pregnant with my first. She has always been very friendly and formed an amazing connection with my husband and I right from the start. She likes to breeze through the routine appointments (which I like) but has also spent an extended amount of time with us on the not so routine appointments. Our second baby died during labour (nothing to do with her at all!!) and our follow up appointments after that were incredible. She was emotional and helpful and told us to see her any time we needed. We will continue to use her as our Maternity Dr and family Dr. I can not praise her enough! Like almost any Dr she can sometimes be running behind but I have never gone to a Dr expecting to get in on time. :)

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I am quite pleased with Dr. Matthews herself and have have not found either her or her receptionist to be unpleasant or condescending. She is often running late (but what doctor isn't?). The only negative comment is the lack of the ability to get me or my children in for appointments right away, not wanting to wait a week, I usually end up taking them to the walk in clinic which has had some bad outcomes. There should be some openings in the schedule for emergency appointments. In some cases I have been informed to take my children to the walk in clinic as they really should be seen right away.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Matthews is lovely, her receptionist however is the most condescending lady I've ever met. She is absolutely useless at her job, rude and brings down the entire office. Good luck even trying to get ahold of their office. This lady is so impossible to deal with that I want a new doctor. USELESS!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015