You may also like

Rate Dr. E.A. O'Toole

Dr. E.A. O'Toole's Ratings

Thirteen years. Dr. O'Toole has been there for me and has helped me tremendously to get to my healthy mental state. Through the years...I felt better just knowing he was there and that his staff was always ready to work me in to see the Dr at a moment's notice. I miss him already. Sniff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

Best doctor in 20 years, knowledgeable, straight-forward, informative, good sense of humour. Some may criticize his "bedside manner," however, I appreciate his no-nonsense approach, there is no mistaking his words. The staff are personable and remember you, unlike some modern offices where you are treated like an item on an invoice. Dr. O'Toole has helped immensely in prescribing meds and explaining my illness and the medication I take for the treatment of anxiety, depression and ADHD. Yes, his office is like a museum but I'm not there for the decor. He will be greatly missed when he retires this year (2015) and I am greatly concerned about continued treatment with a new psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2898410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

Doctor Tool is responsible for thendestruction of my marriage. What doctor would tell a wife with mental issues to leave her husband and sleep at someone else home. He completely destroyed everything we had built in one session. And dont even get me started on the the pills this guy puts out there. Hes a real drug store cowboy. If your the spouse of somebody seeing thiss man please be careful. He can often do more harm than good. Oh and dont even think about trying to go to see him in the hopes of helping your spouse apparently that is not an option.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2845681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. O'Toole for many years. He has helped me tremendously in understanding my anxiety disorder. He is intelligent and up to par on all relevant literature.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2803642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Should have had his license pulled years ago. Sexist, fraudulent, has done serious damage to at least three patient I know, including a current one. Does not keep current with all the research literature.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2787554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I saw him for a few months. He was not very helpful and prescribed medications every time I saw him. During my 3rd and last appointment he had started seeing my sister and he brought all the things my sister said about me (which were later proven untrue) into my sessions and called me some pretty rude names and he pretty well told me to get out of his office. His secretary told me I would have to find a new psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1008045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

After finally diagnosing my illness correctly, Dr. O'Toole was open and interested in discussing various treatments with me. He was never condescending and listened to my ideas and answered all of my questions. I have now been stable on medication for years and am very happy to have been referred to him by my GP. He is also quite an interesting gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1008044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

This psychiatrist was the best thing that has ever happened in my life. He treated me with respect, listened, validated me and my thoughts, stayed with me for as long as he thought I needed him and then told me I didn't need to see him anymore. Because of him I completely turned my life around. I realize he doesn't take b.s. from anyone but I wanted him to be honest with me. He was, and I will be forever grateful. He expects people to take responsibility for turning things around with his help and this was exactly what I needed. The only person responsible for me is me. I just needed him to help me feel capable, gain my own insights, and to validate my own abilities.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1008043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I've heard horror stories about this man since I began seeing him in 2007, however he saved my life. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder. He takes time to listen to me and follows my cues. If I want to talk about particular things, he will talk about them. If I don't have much to say, then we talk about other things instead. We laugh about stuff and have deep discussions at times. He takes a keen interest in my sketching and photography hobbies and always asks to see what I've done. The only thing I do NOT like is that sometimes he seems to be spacing out/closing his eyes. That does bother me. His staff is really nice. I especially like one of his secretaries as we have some things in common and chat whenever I go in. I'd recommend him, but you have to be willing to open up to him or he can't help you. If you sit there quietly and say nothing, then he's going to assume you don't want to talk. So talk and tell him why you're there and what's happening in your life each visit.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1008042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

ive been going to dr. otoole for 15 years, i have depression and anxiety, he prescribed some meds, which in two weeks gave me the relief i needed for 20 years, i feel so much better, i find him informative and at times fumny.the secretaries can be abrupt if u miss an appointment,however over the years ive only had one time where i can to confront that situation. the house he uses for his practise needsssssssssssssssssssssss a rennovation, its like walking into a museum, its not bright and cheerful, considering his line of work with depression etc, i think it would be helpful to his patients. all in all i have a good reporire with dr otoole.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1008041].votes_count ]]